What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I cannot believe how ungreatful some people are

Anonymous

Juniors
You can't believe how ungrateful people are?

I paid $90 for this game and it's the most flawed game I've ever bought on Xbox. I'm sorry, but if I pay out that sort of money, I expect something that is at least close in overall quality to other comparable games o nthe market. If it's not, it should be released at a budget price and I believe that should've been the case with this game. I'll bitch about it all I want thank you very much, and so I should. There is no way they should be able to get away with releasing such a bug riddled game next year. It seems that many people here have never even played another sport game if the comments about his being a quality game are anything to go by.

If you buy a car and it keeps on breaking down, you don't complain? Hey, I'll make you one myself, it won't be very good, but you won't mind. I'll put a lot of time into it, that should be good enough to satisfy you.

Sean my friend, I love you like my own son, but on this occasion I must say you are talking crap.

I only ever buy a game if it has been (near enough to) universally acclaimed and is something which I am particularly interested in. I have been playing ISS Pro Evolution and Pro Evolution Soccer games for the last several years and would confidently say that they are the best sports games ever made.

In my humble opinion, having spent my gaming years playing only the best, the rugby league game is an excellent effort which is every bit as enjoyable to play as the top quality international games on the market. Of course you are allowed to say that it's crap if you want but I find it a perplexing opinion.

99% of a game is on the field gameplay and the rest is fairly incidental. The overall feel of Rugby League is excellent and the gameplay well balanced. I'm surprised that people are disappointed with the game but confident that the balance of opinion is in its favour.

Sean7

Juniors
Long time no see... or talk anyway, but...

The thing is, I do find it a bit disappointing, I think the game is heavily flawed. I posted a huge list of faults in the the 'post game comments' thread. I don't know if you've read them and you may not agree with them either, but that's not really the point. For me, it's way behind the other sport games available on Xbox in just about every area.

A lot of people are comparing it to the original FIFA and the original MADDEN and saying that they had their problems too. That may be the case, but the problem is that this game plays like a 10yo game, so I guess they are right in comparing it to them. The original FIFA and MADDEN games were brilliant in comparison to the other sport gmae on the market at the time, but it seems that people are still comparing this game to them and not to what is available now. I can say for certain that those two games didn't have as many obvious faults as this one does.

I wouldn't say that 99% of a game is the on field play. I'd say a large percentage is, but you can't tell me that graphics and sound don't add tremendously to the immersion in a game, and anyway, I think this game struggles a fair bit with its on field gameplay.

Well, that's just my opinion, I'm playing it a lot though. I don't hate it at all, but I do think it could've been cleaned up a hell of a lot more before release.

PONGIA

Juniors
every1 shut the f**k up.... far out... fair enough we all have our opinions about the game... we all love some aspects and hate others.. but do u all think that mario and the sidhe team are crying... they are rolling in the moolah at the moment and beginning to get concepts and ideas for another version... if u dont agree wit some1's complaints wat does it matter as long as it aint a complaint of yours what does it matter... granted if mario comes on 2 this forum and begins to talk shit about how he dont like how ppl are bad mouthing the game then lets defend him but really who give a f**k now...

Anonymous

Juniors
For me, it's way behind the other sport games available on Xbox in just about every area.

You really think it's behind all the other games? Or just that it's way behind the BEST games.

Because there is a HUGE percentage of genuinely crap games out there. Granted, these probably aren't the games you buy or bother playing, but they are definitely out there and definitely worse than this.