What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know if you know.

Olen

Juniors
Players can't get injured for weeks in the game I posted about injuries for Mario he replied and said no or in his words 0.

Will there be injuries?
Yes, including ones to keep players out for several games, typically resulting from hard/dangerous tackles.

That's from the FAQ on the HES website, I think Mario was referring to whether players are suspended after being sent off.

Mario

Juniors
Unknown Pleasures said:
Will there be injuries?
Yes, including ones to keep players out for several games, typically resulting from hard/dangerous tackles.

That's from the FAQ on the HES website, I think Mario was referring to whether players are suspended after being sent off.

The FAQ on the HES website is now wrong.

Injured players can no longer be injured for more than the duration of the game. This feature had to be dropped to resolve a complex technical issue.

umosay

Juniors
if it's really that bad guys, just dont include the injured player in your squad for a few weeks

lionmaul

Juniors
Unknown Pleasures said:
if it's really that bad guys, just dont include the injured player in your squad for a few weeks

I dont think anyway was getting that upset about it, but I have to say that idea is pretty lame.

I don't think it is that bad of an idea, in some old games I played the same thing happened, you could only get injured for that game, but you can change that. If you did have multiple game injuries it would just be a random percantage pulled by the AI anyway. All you have to do is when a player gets injured ,pull (out of a hat or somthing) :) A number of how bad the injury is. 1 being just that game 2 being just 2 games and so on how ever you want to customize it. Offcoarse you would put a lot more 1s (in the hat) :) :) and one 10 maybe meaning the dreaded injured the whole season. This system worked really well for me, and it felt realistic. But in the end you have complete control of when a player is able to play. If you really want multiple game injuries, give this system a try, you will not be disappointed, (or maybe if your star player is hurt for the full season) you may be a little disappointed :)
Cheers and Salu

knowsleyroader

Juniors
lionmaul said:
Unknown Pleasures said:

I dont think anyway was getting that upset about it, but I have to say that idea is pretty lame.

I don't think it is that bad of an idea, in some old games I played the same thing happened, you could only get injured for that game, but you can change that. If you did have multiple game injuries it would just be a random percantage pulled by the AI anyway. All you have to do is when a player gets injured ,pull (out of a hat or somthing) :) A number of how bad the injury is. 1 being just that game 2 being just 2 games and so on how ever you want to customize it. Offcoarse you would put a lot more 1s (in the hat) :) :) and one 10 maybe meaning the dreaded injured the whole season. This system worked really well for me, and it felt realistic. But in the end you have complete control of when a player is able to play. If you really want multiple game injuries, give this system a try, you will not be disappointed, (or maybe if your star player is hurt for the full season) you may be a little disappointed :)
Cheers and Salu

It certainly isnt a bad idea at all. Your just doing what the game would have done anyway and you have the bonus of being able to have season lasting injuries. Cant see how it couldnt add to the games appeal and I for one would probably be doing something along those lines.

Ahhh reminds me of my old role playing days. Maybe I will get all my dice back out :D

Along with the above you could even work out your own salary cap system for your team based on say maximum total player points for your team. Depending on where you finish in the league you could add or subtract from this for the subsequent season.

There really isnt anyting stopping people from implementing these kind of systems and if someone was so inclined maybe someone could write a little computer proggy to do the above.

Moffo

Referee
Bit of creativity, sounds good. After all, video games are there to exercise our minds!

Cheers,
Moffo

Sorry guys but geez you are nerds.

If you do that then the team you are controlling will be the only one with injuries all season.

Just gonna pick a number out of a hat........it's a 1, yep that idea blows, it's official.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Unknown Pleasures said:
Sorry guys but geez you are nerds.

If you do that then the team you are controlling will be the only one with injuries all season.

Just gonna pick a number out of a hat........it's a 1, yep that idea blows, it's official.

your calling them nerds while your posting in a forum about a computer game?

mikeyboy

Juniors
If injuries are not happening in other teams then it's NOT realistic. It's been omitted, it sucks, live with it.