What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't think i am meant to win.

This game has seriously pissed me right off today..

Just some of my gripes.

Why is it that my team (mainly the AI for my team) constantly does head highs, while the opposition can always do aggressive tackles and never head high?

How come the opposition never has flat footed players, when i always seem to have some fat ass who just stands there and cant run at all, if i pass it it goes forward.

How come, with one single pass on my line the opposition always finds a gap and scores, whereas if i do the exact same on their line i get 'pumelled to the ground'.

How come, if i am lucky enough to get a try, my guys let the kick off bounce and go into touch.

How come the opposition can offload at will and my AI can never hold a player, while they always seem to prevent me from offloading.

How come Timana Tahu and adam macdougal cant chase down vella over 60 meters even when i am tahu and i am hitting the sprint button as fast as possible. And whenever Tahu makes a break the opposition prop forward can catch me within 20 meters?

This game cheats!! Cheats i tell ya..

Sorry i had to vent my frustraition :lol:

My neighbours must think im nuts. I have been screaming and swearing so loud at the tv for these last 4 games that i have lost.

Legend is too hard, might go back to schoolboy where i can win 60-0 in 5 min games.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I hate games that are too easy i like a challenge and at the moment i'm only good enough for Seasoned and occasionally Legend. Schoolboy is way too easy i hate games where you smash them unless your playing your mate.

Hurriflatch

Referee
With pratice I've adveted most of those problems.

BUT

I gotta agree with you about the AI kickoffs always finding the line whenever. The game is close o legend but it never finds the line (or if it does it's out on the full) when I try it.

but when I'm up by 20 I can get as many touch finding kicks as a what and the AI never gets them.

TripleM

Juniors
Almost every single one of your points can be dealt with if you play well.

Why is it that my team (mainly the AI for my team) constantly does head highs, while the opposition can always do aggressive tackles and never head high?

You must be pressing the aggression buttons too much, even though you say its the AI that are doing it, when I play I can do about the same number of aggressive tackles as the opposition does with head highs being really rare. If you do them all the time you will do far too many head highs.. sure..

How come the opposition never has flat footed players, when i always seem to have some fat ass who just stands there and cant run at all, if i pass it it goes forward.

This has been dealt with in many other threads, with correct timing you can eliminate almost every single flat footed pass. The exceptions being when you decide to kick the ball.

How come, with one single pass on my line the opposition always finds a gap and scores, whereas if i do the exact same on their line i get 'pumelled to the ground'.

Again, this is due to your strategy. On league god, sure, they are good at finding gaps, but if you control your defenders well you can stop most of them. On attack with combinations of fends, sidesteps, dummies, and passing, you can at least make a half break quite a lot of the time.

How come, if i am lucky enough to get a try, my guys let the kick off bounce and go into touch.

This can't be avoided, although if you start trying you will end up being able to achieve this a lot more than the computer can.

How come the opposition can offload at will and my AI can never hold a player, while they always seem to prevent me from offloading.
Again, I have no problem with this, line up the tacklers correctly and bring in a second man, you can't stop all offloads but you can stop some. When attacking, you can definitely work offloads to your advantage.. but of course try them all the time and you'll lose the ball.

How come Timana Tahu and adam macdougal cant chase down vella over 60 meters even when i am tahu and i am hitting the sprint button as fast as possible. And whenever Tahu makes a break the opposition prop forward can catch me within 20 meters?
Yeah. This one you'll have to deal with. Just sharpen up your defence to not let the opposition through, and you're going to have to use all the tricks possible to score when you have the ball on the hardest levels..

how can u control ur defencive line when you control just one person at a time?

How can flat footedness have anything to do with timing when the pass comes from dummy half? I thought, if you do a long pass it ends up to a guy whos flat footed?

And no, my teams AI always does head highs when i am not controlling them.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've found on all levels up-to and including Legend (havn't tried it on God level yet).

that if you press side or back on the d-pad/analog stick etc and once the ball is released tap X or whatever the sprint button is. 90% of the time the player is not flat footed.

also taking a couple of steps with the dummy half before passing works but this can lead to your dummy half getting tackled.

Hurriflatch

Referee
with the AI.

If you press aggressive tackle but miss the tackle (this includes getting fended off, the player offloading or dropping the ball and a tackle happening that isn't really aggressive) then the next time a AI player on your team makes the tackle they will still do an aggressive tackle.

yeah thats another thing i dont like about the game, even if ur preston campbell or matty bowen you cant make a quick scoot from dummy half.

but when u do a long diving pass the player is always flat footed. I think it occurs when u hit the pass button twice, i always do it because i want to get the ball out fast.

Hurriflatch said:
with the AI.

If you press aggressive tackle but miss the tackle (this includes getting fended off, the player offloading or dropping the ball and a tackle happening that isn't really aggressive) then the next time a AI player on your team makes the tackle they will still do an aggressive tackle.

You see, they need to be more in depth in the instruction manual. I never knew that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
not really sure if it was intentional so therefore they may not have realised it needed to go into the manual it's just something that over time I've picked up on.

Special K

Coach
Try god mode...I have sworn so much at my tv that I reckon people must think I beat my family :lol:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
yeah god mode gives me the shits at how the computer is so overly biased..... it's not necessarily more difficult cos of the increased skill level (althouigh admittedly teh computers defences are a lot better), but due to the fact that the comp can run thru you whenever they need to and props can outsprint your backs.....

also in terms of AI and aggressive tackles, I had a close game one time and towards the end I kept my finger off the aggro button. everytime I would complete a good defensive set one of my comp controlled players would head high the computer's team and get them up the end of the field, with them subsequently scoring. it's happened too many times to be a coincidence.....

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
yeah thats another thing i dont like about the game, even if ur preston campbell or matty bowen you cant make a quick scoot from dummy half.

but when u do a long diving pass the player is always flat footed. I think it occurs when u hit the pass button twice, i always do it because i want to get the ball out fast.

u can make a quick skoot from dummy half with ne1 they just dont come off all the time because 2 your suprise, THERE ARE MARKERS!

KimmorleyKiller said:
u can make a quick skoot from dummy half with ne1 they just dont come off all the time because 2 your suprise, THERE ARE MARKERS!

Well please enlighten me on how to scoot from dummy half, because every player is like a f**ken turtle at dummy half.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
KimmorleyKiller said:

Well please enlighten me on how to scoot from dummy half, because every player is like a f***en turtle at dummy half.

true... i was hoping to have quick runs from dummy half... but instead of runs you either quick pass it, or they just stand there for about 3 seconds then walk 1 metre and get drilled.

Latest posts