What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have done it

Jono Russell

Bench
hey sorry for the people who have come in here thinking i have unlocked anything special like stadiums ect but what i have really doen is won cronullas forst grandfinal and it feels great.

score was: cronulla 12 : Canberra 6
with 50 seconds to go i had a break away with rieck and was clear of any canberra players. then my mum walks in a starts talking to me she talked so long that when i unpaused the game i forgot what i was doing and i pressed pass and kimmorley knocked the ball on. canberra got teh ball back with about 37 seconds remaining, they got past me some how and scored in the final few seconds and converted to tie the game up at 12 - 12, we went into extra time, shiffers got over the line for canberra only to be held up in goals by cronulla. they took the scrum and i held them out for a full set and got the turn over. there was 30 seconds left and i went for a 40/20 however it was caught by canberra i tackled them and the hooter rang. we went into the second half of golden point. this is where my magic happened. rieck breaks through a tackle passes out to kimmorow, kimmorley chips over a canberra head regathers then pass off to milford, milford lines up and kicks the field goal and what a garndfinal win for the sharks.
by far my best ever match.

Rustay

Juniors
Congrats. I hope to do that very soon as i just bought the game today. Who'd have thunk it, Milford with a match winning drop goal :-k

Was that with the original squad or the 2004 squad?

Jono Russell

Bench
it was with the original squad, i havent modified my sharks squad yet as i havent had heaps of time to play it for long periods ata time thats why it has taken me 5 days to finish a comp.

allthough i did add triester and graham into the lineup. and i put hilder and bosnich on the bench and dropped sullivan and 1 other player from the squad but at the moment i have a blank and can not think of his damn name.

next i hope to add some of the 2004 recruits to my line up as well as mckenna and mellor.

ghoti

Bench
Sam Isemonger or Paul Gallen? You probably dropped one of those two. I'm currently playing Matt Hilder at five-eight and Greg Bird at lock with Phil Bailey in the second row and Kent in the centres. It's a stronger defensive side with Hilder at five-eight as he seems to do a lot of work (Like 4 tackles at half-time! What a worker!) I just reached the finals this morning...i've been gettin the shits with the game because I lost six matches in a friggin row due to rule mis-interpretations and glitches! >:-(

Jono Russell

Bench
Max01 said:
Sam Isemonger or Paul Gallen? You probably dropped one of those two. I'm currently playing Matt Hilder at five-eight and Greg Bird at lock with Phil Bailey in the second row and Kent in the centres. It's a stronger defensive side with Hilder at five-eight as he seems to do a lot of work (Like 4 tackles at half-time! What a worker!) I just reached the finals this morning...i've been gettin the shits with the game because I lost six matches in a friggin row due to rule mis-interpretations and glitches! >:-(

yeh mate thats it isemonger i knew who it was just had a mind block about the name for some reason.

i know in the game triester and graham arnt as good as some other the other as they wont playing in the full strength side when the game was being made how ever i have them there for my own personal pleasures.

beerboy

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
Max01 said:

yeh mate thats it isemonger i knew who it was just had a mind block about the name for some reason.

i know in the game triester and graham arnt as good as some other the other as they wont playing in the full strength side when the game was being made how ever i have them there for my own personal pleasures.

haha i know what ur talking about

its good to see the Winning culture back in Shire, hopefully thatll translate to 2004 season

Jono Russell

Bench
beerboy said:
somethingwithjohn said:
Max01 said:

haha i know what ur talking about

its good to see the Winning culture back in Shire, hopefully thatll translate to 2004 season

i hope so as well, even if raper can bring us back to a top 6 team again i will be very happy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have taken Vagana out of the Dogs line up and put him at 6 for us.
I made Matt Rogers - used Lockyer as my model except I gave a 9 for GK

1. Peach
2. Reick
3. Franze
4. Rogers (GK)
5. Milford
6. Vagana
7. Kimmorley - I always find him on the wing
8. Stevens
9. Sullivan
10. Beattie
11. Nutley
12. Bailey
13. Hilder

I won reserves undefeated, I am 8 rounds into seasoned, and just lost my first game - TO SOUTHS. 24 - 22

I am planning to customise a Sharks legend team with ET McGaw Miller etc

beerboy

Juniors
whaddabout Sharks that are in the game Legends team
eg.

1. Peach
2. Mellor
3. Vagana
4. McKenna
5. Best
6. Preston
7. Kimmorley
8. Stevens
9. Treister
10. Lang
11. Nutley
12. Baliey
13. Graham

14. Beattie
15. Long
16. Dykes
17. Richardson

thats off top off head
might some better im forgetting

SP

Bench
Mr Angry said:
I won reserves undefeated, I am 8 rounds into seasoned, and just lost my first game - TO SOUTHS. 24 - 22

I lost against Souths in legend 14-13 after i was 13-10 in front with about 20 seconds left

i hate at the kick restarts where the ball bounces over touch and the team who kicked it gets the scrum feed, it is crap. thats how i lost against Souths (although i always try to do it :lol: )

EWS

Juniors
Russel Richardson. Surely you remember him. I didnt relaise it as first either without the Russle.

EWS

Juniors
H eplayed for Souths this year but did extremely poorly, so he moved to newcastle. the Knights have now signed him for pittons, although he probably wont play.

He has actually played test matches, but as many players, he went to Souths and dissappointed.

Alan Shore

First Grade
This is my line-up:

1. Peach (c)
2. Merritt (gk)
3. Franze
4. Kent
5. Rieck
6. Vagana
7. Kimmorley
13. Hilder
12. Bailey
11. Nutley
10. Beattie
9. Treister
8. Stevens
Interchange
14. Sullivan
15. Gallen
16. Bickerstaff
17. Vagg

I'm going to create a recent legends team that will read as:

Peach, Rogers, ET, Franze, Best, Preston, Kimmorley, Hilder, McKenna, Nutley, Lang, Treister, Stevens. Int: Beattie, Long, Vagana, Vagg.

Fran sancisco

Juniors
This is my line up

Peach
Merrit (gk)
Franze
Kent
Rieck
Vangana
Kimmorly (c)
Hilder
Bailey
Nutley
Beattie
Gibson
Stevens

Sullivan
lomu
bickerstaff
Gallen

CycloneSteve

Juniors
EWS said:
H eplayed for Souths this year but did extremely poorly, so he moved to newcastle. the Knights have now signed him for pittons, although he probably wont play.

He has actually played test matches, but as many players, he went to Souths and dissappointed.

Actually with Mark Hughes still on the injured list it looks like Richardson will start for the Knights in their trial games and possibly the first few matches of the NRL 2004 Season. I hope he goes well coz he is a top player and like every player who goes to Souths, ends up worse off then before they went there.