What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have had enough...

dubby

Bench
of seeing David Howell picked in the centres every week he is available. This guy IMHO opinion is a worse centre than Bulgarelli. At least Boogs could bloody tackle :p . The only difference between Howell and Boogs is one vital dropped ball in a big game.

Seriously; have a look how many tries Parra scored down Howells side in defence, how many penalties Howell gave away, how many times he looked absolutely scared out of his wit with the ball in his hands.

I am not blaming Howell for the loss. The whole side played terrible. Carney was passing too hard at short runners, Zilly looked lost in defence at times, Dobbo was not having a happy game (his kicks were subpar for most of the game). Withers had an unhappy night with the ball again. Defencively we were horrible. The try that fat slug Riddell scored was the epitomy of our defence.

In general, performances like this are going to happen when you have a fairly young core group of players in vital positions (fullback, half, 5-8). But I cannot hide my disgust at the selection of guys like Dave Howell who has played NRL since 2004 (I think) and has NOT improved. Turtell is improving alot IMO, and we forget Zillman has only 5 games under his belt, Dobbo 4. Yet these young fellas are showing more than Howell!

Neil Henry, I ask you to do the right thing; stick Howell on the wing for Best or put Howell back into PL and give Frawley or Kelly a go. If I have to sit through one more dropped-ball-a-thon than I will go completely and utterly nuts. Surely these players understand the principles of wet weather football.

PS Parramatta; well done. We handed the game to you and you were good enough to make us pay for it. Something this team would never have done under Elliot.

taffy

Juniors
howell was ordinary, cost the team at least two tries... just not good enough for a first grader!

woodgers

Bench
Watch the game from Saturday night again and try tell me that Frawley could have possibly done a worse job than the guy in # 4!

No chance.

edabomb

First Grade
I'd rather have someone out there (Howell) who shows even a slight inclination of wanting to be there than Frawley. The minute Frawley grows a pair and starts looking like he wants to contribute to the team he can be looked at, but frankly its a waste of time considering there is no way he is staying for 08 and beyond.

dubby

Bench
Ed, if Howell had been treated by the ex-coach like Frawley and had to put up with the amount of injuries Craig has suffered then he would put his head down at times too.

Howell is a disgrace of a centre; the worst I have seen since Carmont!

Macko8

Juniors
The answer to our centre problem is definately not frawley.

Take a punt Neil and stick Terry Campese in the centres,hay it wouldnt hurt.
Just see how he plays there.

Chachi

Bench
Yep, give Campo a crack if his shoulder is OK. He'll also provide us with a third kicking option if Carney plays with a bad ankle.

dubby

Bench
Macko8 said:
The answer to our centre problem is definately not frawley.

Take a punt Neil and stick Terry Campese in the centres,hay it wouldnt hurt.
Just see how he plays there.

Campo had one solid game, actually it was not even one full game against Newcastle and all of a sudden he is our answer? :?

Campo was up against possibley the worst centres in the NRL; Carmont and Tighe.
Campo has the speed of a head cold.
Campo played in the best match of the year for us.
There was no pressure placed on Campo during the one game he did play.

Give Frawley a go. He cant be worse than Howell.