What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just preordered my rugby game!!!!!!!!!!!

ortz18

Juniors
Over the phone with harvey norman. I didn;t have to leave a deposit either, they just said they would ring me the day before it came in. I better get priority.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I ordered mine yesterday too from EB.

They said they had over 200 copies already pre-ordered. I left a $10 Deposit.

Jono Russell

Bench
i pre orded mine 2 months ago at eb in liver pool the guy told me that i was the 401st person to preorder it from thats tore so its must be in demand, so everyone better get there order in or you might miss out

ortz18

Juniors
does harvey norman have a quota for preordered products. So if there are 100 products are there going to be 90 that can be given under preordering and 10 if you jsut turn up?

HBG

Juniors
All HN Stores are franchised, and can make decisions individually. They also have a central buying office, which negotiate deals on large purchases, such as bonuses on certain items. etc
The more demand they receive in pre-sales, the more they are likely to order.

Ausguy

Coach
somethingwithjohn said:
i pre orded mine 2 months ago at eb in liver pool the guy told me that i was the 401st person to preorder it from thats tore so its must be in demand, so everyone better get there order in or you might miss out

geez i ordered mine on the 4th of april from the same store, no way they will get 400 copies of this game, i find that very hard to believe, more to the point i dont think they would have presold that many even across all consoles ect
another porkies story from eb?

Paullyboy

Coach
I still havent pre-ordered, i cant bring myself to walk into one of those gameshops with the geeks and tools everywhere

angelus

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
I still havent pre-ordered, i cant bring myself to walk into one of those gameshops with the geeks and tools everywhere

You don't like seeing a reflection of yourself?

devonuto

Juniors
Paullyboy said:

You're a Raiders fan, I think you've got that covered... they're all tools

You're probably a closet D&D Dungeon master :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

labinator

Juniors
i just preordered mine from harvey norman but shops seem to be saying it will be released in november and eb said if it is not preordered it wont be available till early next year. Mario can you comment on any of this??

Seano

Juniors
when i ordered mine about a week ago hn said that it would be available prob around late sept/oct. eb seem to be saying nov/dec.

Mario

Juniors
Currently the release is still scheduled for October.

Given some feedback we have had on preorders though, it looks as though some stores are already selling out of their whole first batch allocations.

It will come down to store policy whether they keep some copies aside for walk in sales, but if you miss out it is possible that the next batch may not arrive until early December.

Mario said:
Currently the release is still scheduled for October.

Given some feedback we have had on preorders though, it looks as though some stores are already selling out of their whole first batch allocations.

It will come down to store policy whether they keep some copies aside for walk in sales, but if you miss out it is possible that the next batch may not arrive until early December.
Well me thinks they best be making so more copies.
I have mine pre-ordered.
But Some people will most likely burn it if they can't get it for a another 2 months. I wouldn't do it, but there is plenty out there who would.

Mario

Juniors
Well, I think the problem is HES have to commit to a certain number of copies to manufacture very shortly.

If the preorders go up massively after that once the main stream advertising kicks in, then there may be a shortfall and people hoping to pick up a copy on release day may be disappointed if the actual store didn't order enough copies to accomodate everyone.

Obviously, there will be piracy of the game, but I'm hoping true league fans such as the people here will try to discourage it given that the chance of a sequel is greatly reduced if piracy becomes a big problem.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Before I write what I have to say, let me quantify it by saying that I am employee who works for Grace Brothers.

Just today I thought I would try entering the Barcodes for the three version of Rugby League as prescribed on the trublue website.

I can CONFIRM that the XBOX version of Rugby League will definitely be available for purchase from Myer/GB as the barcode did scan and registered a price of $99.95.

The PS2 and PC barcodes did not register. I will try those again next week so keep you eyes here if you want to know more.

Hope this helps those unsure about pre-ordering.

Latest posts