What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know we're chasing the best players.....but wtf?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-in-attempt-to-snare-best-20100816-126z9.html

PARRAMATTA have thrown a spanner into Cronulla's plans to lure Colin Best back to the Sutherland Shire by offering the veteran centre a career swansong with the Eels.

The 31-year-old, off contract at South Sydney, is wanted by Sharks coach Shane Flanagan, whose signings for next year to date are Wade Graham and Jeremy Smith, but the Eels have also shown keen interest in Best. The Rabbitohs, it is understood, have not made an offer to keep him.

''I'm hopeful that something will be done this week,'' Best said yesterday. ''I've got a couple of options so I'm just sort of dwelling on them.''

whhhhhyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?! :crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"shown interest"

I wouldn't read too much into it, doesn't even say we've made an offer

could be just bumping his price up so we can get John Mannah back

oldmancraigy

Coach
He's over 30 and not a union player - so he fits the bill perfectly for the type of player we're chasing!!!

In all seriousness, if he's cheap I could certainly think of worse options on the wing. (wouldn't want him in the centers).

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yep,

Best has worse defence than Grothe, ang nothing in strength.

Wonder what Guru has done to deserve this. First Tuiaki, now Best.

$120k.

Guru probably said 'no thanks' to that sort of money? It'd be less than half of what he currently gets. I imagine Best would gobble it up - OR be offered even lest (Best and lest - get it?)

Parra Guru

Coach
$120k.

Guru probably said 'no thanks' to that sort of money? It'd be less than half of what he currently gets. I imagine Best would gobble it up - OR be offered even lest (Best and lest - get it?)

In that case I'd rather they offer Guru slightly more than have a player who isn't even half as effective as him.

Eels Dude

Coach
I wouldn't read too much into this... every player that's off contract has been linked to Parramatta at some stage. The bloke who wrote the article probably just made it up.

Latest posts