What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a new (ish) car

Lambretta

First Grade
My recent car ownership

Holden Vectra - bloody expensive to maintain
Toyota Corolla - Horrible, dull, boring, bland, overpriced, awful.
Mazda 3 (Mk1) - great around town bloody awful on the freeway. Noisy to the point of nausea inducing.

Focus XR5 Turbo. By far the best car I have ever owned. Cheap to run and maintain, fun to drive , powerful, great drivers car.

I also have a Ford Kuga SUV which is brilliant but the wife has that full time.

So why am I selling my beloved Focus?
I have had it 5 years and feel like a change . Its closing on 100k and will need a timing belt next year. It doesn't have the modern connectivity I want in a car now.
My 16 year old daughter is about to start learning and I want to teach her in something more suitable. (Even the Kuga has the ST Focus 174 kw engine in it)

Budget - $16 to $18k

I have been looking at a near new Focus Sport and a Mondeo.

Wants: Hatchback. Great simple phone / media / maps connectivity. Fixed price servicing. Near new. Low k's. Manual or Auto. Petrol or diesel. Mid range spec. Nothing smaller than Golf, 3, Corolla size. Easy for learner. Engaging to drive.

Is there anything else I should be considering?

Pommy

Coach
The mrs got a Hyundai i30 at the start of the year, 7 year manufacturers warranty, Apple CarPlay and whatever the android version is called, reverse camera etc. Pretty sure it’s similar size to a Corolla.
For what it is I’m pretty impressed with it.

Lambretta

First Grade
The mrs got a Hyundai i30 at the start of the year, 7 year manufacturers warranty, Apple CarPlay and whatever the android version is called, reverse camera etc. Pretty sure it’s similar size to a Corolla.
For what it is I’m pretty impressed with it.

I love the new i30, but the old one in my price range was a Corolla wannabe

If I had the budget for the latest model it would have been on my shortlist 100%