What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need Help!

carlnz

Bench
Hey All,

I am doing a presentation on the Rugby League World Cup and need a bit of help if you all dont mind.

I have broken it down to three stages:

History (Who started it)
Countries that have played
Records
Future (2008 World Cup)

If you guys have any ideas i would be most welcomed to hear them - especially the History of the World Cup.

Also does anyone have web photos of the World Cup?? I have serached the web and couldnt find much. Would like one of the Cup on its own if possible.

And any video footage ont he web would be good.

Thanks!!

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
nospam49 was doing a bit of research on the story of the cup last year. He probably has something on his site.

Poul

Juniors
I have a copy of the book "The Rugby League World Cup - An Illustrated history of Rugby's oldest global tournament" by League Publications Ltd.

It covers all World Cups held, from the first in 1954 to the last in 2000. It includes a history of each tournament, and includes results and team rosters for every game ever played. It also includes results from the 1995 and 2000 Emerging Nations tournaments.

Gruenen

Juniors
carlnz said:
Hey All,

I am doing a presentation on the Rugby League World Cup and need a bit of help if you all dont mind.

I have broken it down to three stages:

History (Who started it)
Countries that have played
Records
Future (2008 World Cup)

If you guys have any ideas i would be most welcomed to hear them - especially the History of the World Cup.

Also does anyone have web photos of the World Cup?? I have serached the web and couldnt find much. Would like one of the Cup on its own if possible.

And any video footage ont he web would be good.

Thanks!!

Hey CarlNZ,

Palmerston North and Wanganui are my stamping grounds, if you have an opportunity shoot off to the Library at Massey University, you'll find a fair bit of material there, it may not be all related, but at least its a start.

Alternatively contact Howie Tamati, he's the Chief Executive Officer for Sport Taranaki, New Plymouth. Here is their website, you'll find his email address there. http://www.sporttaranaki.org.nz/

I would have suggested some years ago, Mr (Ces) Mountford, some years ago there was book about him, if memory serves me correctly I think it was called: "My life & Rugby League" whilst of course the book is of him, it does recall his involvement in the game from his earlier years, and his time overseas with the game.

I 'm sure you know these gentlemen.

Cheers

Gruenen

Juniors
carlnz said:
Yeah mate i got that book to - thanks

Hey mate forgot to ask you,

My "ole" school mate Derek Carroll was at one stage the Develoment Officer for the Manawatu Region, do you know whats happened to him of late. He did a bit of work for us in the Wanganui Region at Primary and Intermediate School.

Cheers

Latest posts