What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I never thought I'd witness it again.

nontime111

Juniors
I knew we were going to be thrashed as soon as I saw LAFAI in there along with MCRONE!!!!! what a negative tool Mary is!!!
I was excited all day for the game, hoping when I trurned on my live match centre coverage over here in Margaret River WA... I was so hoping to see MILNE at the VERY least Marys safety is a KILLER No risks ever and its killed us...... Lafai please get rid of him along with WIDDOP and MCRONE surely he should have put at least lil Hutch in there?? SO NEGATIVE MARY!!!!!!! I like you as a bloke, top bloke, but GOD you cant coach PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND RESIGN IMMEDIATELY!!! get Demitriou in there RIGHT NOW at least he can coach he has a go!!!
Thats what I hated the most, the negative selections I mean MCRONE what the??? all those crap kicks by Widdop and Mcrone on the fifth just HOPELESS!
boy do we need NORMAN IMMEDIATELY!!!! at the very least and for god sake give the kids a crack who are doing so well!!! MILNE!! HUTCH!! even lil DUFTY get em in there, blood em, keep em, let em grow....... give me a GO!!!

FlameThrower

Bench
Get angry, go on Facebook page, ring up radio stations...whatever...ring the Club...
Next week it's the Tigers....another slaughter coming our way..

Gareth67

First Grade
Minh, I have to take issue with this. I think we are worse now then late 80s (wasn't Craig Young captain coach then?).

The difference is we have structured into this. Back then everything was add hoc, happy-go-unlucky.

The big question is.....

is....

is...

are we worse now then under STeve PRice?
Unfortunately the answer is YES , I thought that with Price that things would get better once the team had formed a proper combination , but of course that never did occur . We did manage to scores tries however ,something that is now a rarity under McGregor and as has already been pointed out tonight there just is no direction in attack - no leader showing the way forward . Impost sincerely hope that changes take place ,if we must put up with the current coach until the end of this season ,at the very least blood the younger players and tell them to play THEIR OWN GAME as we now have nothing to lose what so ever !

thebigredv

First Grade
I hope Paul McGregor somehow stumbles upon this thread...

Him and Steve Price have destroyed our records. Did I hear the Titans have beaten us 75% of the time at Kogarah now??? The Titans!!

Dragons_Head

Juniors
As much as I have stuck up for Mary this season, it is time to move on. We will be nothing more than a fringe finals team under him and the boys don't seem to be playing for him/each other as much as they did last year.
I refuse to blame our roster for our poor performances... We should be going all out for Ivan Cleary, if there is anything that he has proven, he knows how to get a team to perform.. Anyone else with me??

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Watched the presser. Interesting the body language of both Mary and Widdop. Mary seemed to have his hands in his pockets and answering nonchalantly. No acceptance that HE may have been the cause of our performances. Widdop arms folded and leaning away from Mary as if in a pose of I don't want to be anywhere near him.
Both had faces like a dropped pie.

thebigredv

First Grade
CnaPQ3kUMAA3ibN.jpg

"Ah look, they scored seventeen of their tries from kicks..."

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Price era was worse but not by much going on past few games. There are serious issues here. I would be embarrassed if I was a player or coach of the red V tonight. Pathetic.

thebigredv

First Grade
Price era was worse but not by much going on past few games. There are serious issues here. I would be embarrassed if I was a player or coach of the red V tonight. Pathetic.
I am not so sure anymore...in the 72nd minute when the try line was open and we had 10 consecutive goes at the line only for Titans to score their 2nd runaway intercept try...I really don't think it was ever this bad or humiliating before.

SaintPauli

Juniors
This is the worst attack in the clubs history.
It's now beyond embarrassing !
Mary must make changes.

nontime111

Juniors
what attack?/ seriously, a toddler could have ran through them holes, they run to the line and then STOP! capitulate surrender......its gut wrenching and heartbreaking to witness then the kicks!! and the predictable passes back in the inside, our only play we got NUTTIN!

drag1

Juniors
I have been a supporter of this once Great Club since 1961, my eldest son became a supporter through my passion & yarns of the great triumphs from the past, the legend s, the history, the battles. We as a club, as a team fade in comparison to those great days. After watching the dribble that this side produced tonight is an insult to the past players of that era. I do not however totally blame the players for this situation, though some will say different. This Once Great Club needs major help, from where I can only wish. But this evening my son and I we're totally embarrassed to call our selves ST GEORGE supporters. This is so hurtful it's embarrassing.

thebigredv

First Grade
This is the worst attack in the clubs history.
It's now beyond embarrassing !
Mary must make changes.

One interesting thing from the press conference is Mary saying he is bound by certain factors to do with the cap that stop him from blooding young players. He is effectively saying he can't make changes but is not accepting of the performance.

Beyond embarrassing is exactly right.

nrlnrl

First Grade
We were so unlucky, our team would beat the Sharks, Storm or Cowboys any day of the week. Go Dragons! Our style of footy will always win games, it is the right stuff - whoa whoa.

Our completion rates are great, they will win every game.The Dragons will be premiers for the next 5 years, we play a very attractive style of football.

Dannyboy80

Juniors
I'm a little young to remember the late 80's Dragons sides, but I do remember they put that to an end with consecutive GFs 92/93.. I can't see this mob anywhere near a GF for a loooong time

Red V for life

Juniors
CnaPQ3kUMAA3ibN.jpg

"Ah look, they scored seventeen of their tries from kicks..."
The last time i saw body language like that in an after game presser was Mary and Brett Morris when the rumour of going to the Dogs raised it's head.

It's not just the leaning away. Look at the space between them. Kinda like 'Mary you're on your own'.

I commented during the nightmare Qld roadtrip something isn't right with Widdop this year. Relationship with Mary looks like it's seen better days, but i'll be surprised if he sticks around.

gregstar

Referee
the teams we have rolled this season should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

it is the equivalent of losing a best of 7 counting to 2 contest against a mentally challenged tadpole.

has jowls even got to 2 yet?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
The worst part there is no light at the end of the tunnel here, no glimmer of hope.

There appears to be no pressure on Mary from the board, we have no exciting juniors coming through, we're not in the running for any marquee signings, we're in huge debt... PLease give me something!

We won't win another Premiership until 2041 at this rate.

thebigredv

First Grade
The worst part there is no light at the end of the tunnel here, no glimmer of hope.

There appears to be no pressure on Mary from the board, we have no exciting juniors coming through, we're not in the running for any marquee signings, we're in huge debt... PLease give me something!

We won't win another Premiership until 2041 at this rate.

I've been the saying the same three things for weeks now.
Does that mean Mary will finally get sack in 2040?

Latest posts