What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I support the Storm

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
That's all. f**k the scandal and the elite management responsible for the scandal.

But with that aside, I support the Storm as a concept, i support their players and I support their fans.

And I think some of the sh*te being posted on this forum about the Storm is absolutely counter productive to the NRL and the growth of rugby league in itself.

The fans nor the players in Melbourne are responsible for this scandal.

The quickest way to correct the wrongs and move forward is by supporting the Storm as a team and a concept. Anything else is absolutely counter productive.

I'm a Warriors fan, for the record. But the Storm team, fans and Melbourne as a city needs all the support it can if it and they are to survive in the rugby league world.

Stop being short sighted and support the Storm through this ordeal.

Constructive criticism of my views is encouraged.

Stoner Rock

Juniors
I'll give 'em my support when they stop cheating. So long as they have the current player roster they will continue to have an unfair advantage and cost other teams points.
Once Melbourne or the NRL find some solution to this I'll give them the same support I gave them before this story broke i.e. none. I'll still hate 'em. But then at least I may feel some pity.

bobmar28

Bench
I support the Storm but they have to get under the cap. As soon as they do they can start getting 2 points for a win.

That's all. f**k the scandal and the elite management responsible for the scandal.

But with that aside, I support the Storm as a concept, i support their players and I support their fans.

And I think some of the sh*te being posted on this forum about the Storm is absolutely counter productive to the NRL and the growth of rugby league in itself.

The quickest way to correct the wrongs and move forward is by supporting the Storm as a team and a concept. Anything else is absolutely counter productive.

I'm a Warriors fan, for the record. But the Storm team, fans and Melbourne as a city needs all the support it can if it and they are to survive in the rugby league world.

I would have been with you on this but the depth of this scandal is too large and the implications to serious for the sport to just simply say lets move on.

We dont know that the players, or even the coach for that matter, were not knowingly involved. We dont even know all the specifics of the breach as yet.

Until we know a great deal more & all details are out in the open & investigations are complete, and then deal with it, then the melbourne club and the wider RL community cant move on.

Charlie124

First Grade

You know what else is absolutely counter productive to the NRL and the growth of rugby league in itself?? Five years of cheating.

F*ck the Storm.

Minotaur

Juniors

Are you kidding??? You support the storm as a concept? The concept of the Storm is to lie, steal and cheat. They lied to the whole league, their fans and sponsors. They stole from their competitors by robbing them of an even playing field to compete in. And they cheated everyone by willfully breaking the rules to give themselves an unfair advantage.

If you people seriously think that the majority of the club including their star players and coaching staff didn't know about the rorting, you have rocks in your heads. It is inconceivable that the brown paper bags, free boats, cars and vouchers wouldn't ring alarm bells in their heads that it is dodgy, well they are either are dumb or didn't care that they are cheating.

I agree probably the lower and middle paid players didn't know as they weren't benefitting from the kick backs, but their stars certainly would. Bellamy also would almost certainly know about the rorts as nothing in the club goes past him unnoticed, as he is the general and chief of hiring and firing.

Once the storm is back under the cap guidelines, I will accept their inclusion in the comp. But until then, they are a boxer with three arms and not worthy of inclusion.

Springs

First Grade
Are you kidding??? You support the storm as a concept? The concept of the Storm is to lie, steal and cheat. They lied to the whole league, their fans and sponsors. They stole from their competitors by robbing them of an even playing field to compete in. And they cheated everyone by willfully breaking the rules to give themselves an unfair advantage.

If you people seriously think that the majority of the club including their star players and coaching staff didn't know about the rorting, you have rocks in your heads. It is inconceivable that the brown paper bags, free boats, cars and vouchers wouldn't ring alarm bells in their heads that it is dodgy, well they are either are dumb or didn't care that they are cheating.

I agree probably the lower and middle paid players didn't know as they weren't benefitting from the kick backs, but their stars certainly would. Bellamy also would almost certainly know about the rorts as nothing in the club goes past him unnoticed, as he is the general and chief of hiring and firing.

Once the storm is back under the cap guidelines, I will accept their inclusion in the comp. But until then, they are a boxer with three arms and not worthy of inclusion.

No the concept of the Storm is a Rugby League team in Melbourne, Victoria, playing with 17 players and playing for thousands of fans. You really think that players were given money in brown paper bags??? That realy shows your level of intellgence.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I'd like to know how many so called storm fans became fans while they had all the success that they have had, while they have been cheating??? I bet over the last 4-5 years they have picked up a tonne of support. I would also bet if they didn't make 4 GF's in a row they would have way less support. I love how everyone says for Rugby league to be successful the Storm have to be, does that mean we have to allow them to cheat and make the finals every year, so they don't fold by not making the 8 for a few years??? It's a joke they are f**king cheats and deserve to be booted from the comp!

This Year?

Immortal

I could never support a team (or their fans) who represent a club that has cheated the entire Australian rugby league community. I do not support the Storm players or fans as they have had the luxury of being part of the greatest reward they can get. Now they can live with the consequences of their club's wrong doings, instead of playing the victim and adopting a siege mentality.

If the management of a club was so concerned about it's support, it's concept and the growth of rugby league, then why would whoever is responsible even consider jeopardising that by cheating? They have made an absolute mess of the game which gave them life and also undone the hard work of the people before them.

As far as I'm concerned, the Storm club, players and fans are on their own. They don't deserve any support from anyone.

Latest posts