What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think Rugby League just died...

Tommy Smith

Referee
About 30 seconds into the Rabbits-Dogs game and Isaac Luke picks up and drills big Jarrod Hickey into the ground with the most beautiful, textbook bone crunching tackle and the stupid f**k-knuckle of a ref blows for a penalty because he "lifted him into a dangerous position".

Seriously, for all the purists out there who love a hard, physical game of Rugby League; do you think we'll ever get our game back from the PG rated refereeing ranks?

adamkungl

Immortal
I haven't seen it, but I think i can safely take your word for it. What a f**king joke of a penalty

innsaneink

Referee
Sort of like Moi Mois hit on Ferguson, hard and fair but the crowd reacts and the ref sh*ts himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was the question in the press conference though that was when Moore answered it was a fair tackle... think it was Andy Raymond 'Did you think further action should have been taken?'...
Are you kidding me?????? It was just a cracker of a tackle that unfortunately hurt the bloke...

Scorpio30

Bench
About 30 seconds into the Rabbits-Dogs game and Isaac Luke picks up and drills big Jarrod Hickey into the ground with the most beautiful, textbook bone crunching tackle and the stupid f**k-knuckle of a ref blows for a penalty because he "lifted him into a dangerous position".

Seriously, for all the purists out there who love a hard, physical game of Rugby League; do you think we'll ever get our game back from the PG rated refereeing ranks?

It was fantastic!...and then the whistle blew.

Vossy

Bench
it was no where near going past the horizontal, dont know how the turkey came to that conclusion, brilliant tackle by isaac luke..

It's because it happened in the first few minutes. I swear refs have a quota of at blowing at least four or five penalties in the first 10 minutes of a game and they look for any reason to give them. There have been a few games this year where I have been totally perplexed by penalties given early in games. They seem to just blow them randomly, especially for holding down. It's as if they think they've got to stamp their authority on a game, but their actions are not based on legitimate infringements. Then later on they completely forget the precedents set in the first 10, not that that's a major problem. People call for consistency, but I'd rather they weren't consistently sh*t. I just don't see why they have to be sh*t to begin with.

bartman

Immortal
What can I say, the referees want to be rock stars.
Ever since Bill Harrigan, the referees actually think they ARE rockstars...

Hayley-Bateup-and-Gladiators-5939029.jpg

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
In the rugby league textbook there will be a picture of that tackle. Gavin Badger should be burnt at the stake.

Bay City

Juniors

Hickey was knocked out of the game after 5 mins and taken to hospital - you want to launch a tirade against a ref when that is the result???:shock::shock::shock:

Jono1987

Juniors
It was a fantastic tackle from one of the smallest blokes on the field to the biggest. Definitely not a penatly. More worrying however this year the refs seem to penalise a defender if they have a finger on the attacking player, who is in the process of playing the ball and drops it cold. Watch any game this weekend and I bet there will be at least two or three instances in every single game where this happens. Joke.

Latest posts