What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wasn't drunk, says Gower

An41

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
And now danny weidler is on channel 9 claiming he groped wayne pearce's daughter (and picked a fight with his son), crashed a golf cart, was walking around the resort naked.

A whole lot less concerning than it should be though simply because it came from weidler.

wtf?

Caged Panther

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
it was his buck's night for f**k's sake.

true and his already admitted he "pushed the boundaries" apparently but denies the allegations. Guess we'll wait and see how this plays out.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Raider_Azz said:
it was his buck's night for f**k's sake.

It wasn't his bucks night apparently, incidents happened on seperate days.

Let just wait til the FACTS arrive before condemning Gower or Weidler

Caged Panther

First Grade
Immortal said:
It wasn't his bucks night apparently, incidents happened on seperate days.

Let just wait til the FACTS arrive before condemning Gower or Weidler

I thought we'd already codemened widler. :lol:

Bib

Juniors
Junior lives near me, and through the local community i had heard the allegations that Weidler mentioned on the news.

Why does league have to be constantly brought down by drunks!

Caged Panther

First Grade
This was apparently part of a media release from Jack Newton regarding the allegations surrounding gower.

'Tournament host and Australian golfing legend, Jack Newton was adamant this issue should not malign what is one of the great sporting events in this country.

“It is disappointing that allegations of this nature are being thrown around after such a successful and enjoyable tournament,” said Newton. “The culture of this event is such that we provide a competitive golf tournament and an entertaining social scene in an amazing location, with all proceeds going to the development of junior golf and our charity of choice, Diabetes Australia,” continued Newton.

“To be able to attract the celebrity contingent that we do is testament to the credibility of this event. Some people have been coming back here for 25 years. This tournament is very much a family-orientated event and there is a strong focus on ensuring everyone has a great time. Unfortunately Craig Gower probably crossed the line on one occasion and has instigated a media circus around what are essentially unsubstantiated allegations.

“To suggest that his behaviour involved any malicious damage to the resort property or patrons is completely unfounded,” finished Newton. '

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
his girlfriend is hot as hell..he should just stay home with her..

Drinking and playing golf = Great FUN.

Having sex with Amanda Flynn = Priceless..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fancy a bloke having a beer and playing golf in the off season

oh well, its the off season, they have to sell newspapers

shadow grinder

First Grade
Twizzle said:
fancy a bloke having a beer and playing golf in the off season

oh well, its the off season, they have to sell newspapers

:roll:

noone is complaining about him drinking....its what he did while being drunk.

according to reports he groped wayne pearce's daughter, wrecked a golf cart(which he has said he would pay for the damages) and tried to fight wayne pearce's son mitchell.

if there was nothing in it..penrith wouldnt be investigating...gower has done this type of thing before...

innsaneink

Referee
Caged Panther said:
So in othert words the golf cart part of the issue is a non issue

LOL...u think paying for something he's done while pissed excuses it?

Horse has bolted, quik...shut the gate!!

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Caged Panther said:

Yeah i dont think its major on the grande scale of things but i think it just shows the extent to which the intoxication went

shadow grinder

First Grade
Caged Panther said:

i was just listing what he had done...and he had agreed to pay for damages...therefore admitting to doing it.

all panther fans know that gower is a rude son of a bitch when drunk.... well anyone that has been to panthers after a win or a big night knows this.

Latest posts