What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindmarsh

Why is he retiring at the end of this year???

He has been playing some good footy, possibly the best of his career. Hes not that old either as he was born on March 31 1977 making him 30. Petero Civoniceva who turns 32 next April has just moved clubs and signed a new deal. Steve Price is also 33 and shows no sign of retiring. Ian is only a year older than Captain Cayless.

The Dairy Farm can wait Ian. He is just playing too well.

Pazza

First Grade
hopefully he can stick around, been playing great footy, just one more year i recon

Suitman

Post Whore
I know there is a certain Bigfella around here who wouldn't give him the time of day, but I reckon he's been going ok too.

Suity

Nikki

Coach
I asked Ian after his 150th game to give us one more year. He just looked at me and laughed and said "I've got a big enuff number on my back as it is Niks."

I would love one more year outta him. Technically if he was still in France he would have one year left on his contract. But cast your minds back to the start of this season. Even I will admit he was far from the best player on the park. He has worked himself up over the past 20 rounds to be playing like this.

AAARGH!!! If there was one thing I could say to him to convince him to stay I would be saying it. But at the end of the day his passion is his Farm and family. I guess that wins out in the end :(

dazeely

First Grade
Ian has been playing out of his shell. I thought he actually outplayed his brother last week. Can't remember the last time I said that.

Wags should struggle to come back into the side with this type of form. Wags is a noted defender. Ian is also a noted defender but has brought back some real hard ball running and at a push can offload.

yy_cheng

Coach
when we first resigned him i t ought he will be only used to cover injuries, but he is showing now that good work ethics can take you far. if the younger blokes take suit, they will benefit from his presence .

don't worry, i reckon if we get racked by injuries next year, he'll play the odd game

eels_fan_01

Bench
Hes been playing excellent since he announced hes retirement at the end of the year so maybe hes just throwing everything into it now having said that i think hes got one more year in him.

Parra Guru

Coach
I'd prefer him to go out at the top of his game than for him to linger around for too long.

I'm happy to say that I am one of the handful of people here that were absolutely estatic about his signing.

Great bloke, and great for his brother's game too!

Latest posts