What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian's Insight - 24 September 2004

IanG

Coach
iansinsight.gif

24 September 2004
A Comment - Go F**k Yourself Bob!
By IanG

First of all I want to point out that normally I don't like writing about my political views in the Insight but in light of comments doing the rounds this week, I felt almost compelled to do this and give a comeback for the people of Newcastle.

This is in light the fact that the federal government has managed to find ten million dollars in its coffers to fund an upgrade for Penrith Stadium. It's bad enough that the most passionate supporters in the NRL have had to put up with (to put it mildly) a sub-standard ground for many years now. They had previously made comments that funding for stadiums where not federal matters, which I think, is a rather poor excuse. No with an election looming they do a complete one eighty.

The fact that the seat is a swinging one out at Penrith, the impression that I have ascertained from this is that giving ten million to Penrith stadium is nothing more that a vote buying exercise. I do admit however have to agree with my mate Greg's views on it as being a case of we wouldn't get federal funding while little Johnny is in power as Newcastle is a safe labour seat.

When it comes to any election campaign all the rival factions do is constantly blow smoke at each other. This is why I don't pay any attention to any of these annoying political ads on the box. From what I heard of it thank goodness I didn't watch the so called Great debate (I was watching the Bradman doco on the aunty.)

Now this week Bob Baldwin comes out this week saying that if the people of Newcastle were to change their vote liberal (who basically are in the same vein as British Tories) then we might stand a better chance of getting somewhere with getting federal funding for the upgrade of Energy Australia Stadium. Well even with that the fed don't give a tinkers cuss about the Hunter. They love to rabbit on about the fact that their budget is in surplus so surely they could've found something, but the fact is they wont because to them it'd be considered giving money to the opposition.

So I'm now going to say and I'm more than likely speaking on behalf of most of Newcastle when I say this but in the vernacular. Go F**k yourself Bob. I don't know about the rest of you but I wont be changing my vote.

"Go F**k Yourself Ric - Bret Hart

Andy

First Grade
Hey Ian, it's true.

Why would Liberal want to do anything in Newcastle when "we" always vote for Labour?

IanG

Coach
No kidding now Little Johnny's giving funds to Kograh. Probably cuz he's a Dragons supporter.

IanG

Coach
Thanx MEE. As always I appreciate the feedback I get from my Insights. Just wait 'til next week (Grand Final Week) It's a story that I'm sure everyone will be a gasped at but it's true.

Billyslummer_

Juniors
IanG said:
[
if the people of Newcastle were to change their vote liberal then we might stand a better chance of getting somewhere with getting federal funding for the upgrade of Energy Australia Stadium.

I wont be changing my vote.

Now thats using your head

Anonymous

Juniors
Great work, Ian. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Johnny just gave more money that he doesn't give to fund sporting facilities, to the Western Bulldogs AFL team!

:roll:

Can someone say hypocrite?

:| :| :|

Latest posts