What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian's Insight - 28 April 2006

IanG

Coach
iang.gif

Ian’s Insight – 28 April 2006
Mythbusters!
By IanG

It’s now been confirmed that Andrew Johns will be missing from the Newcastle Knights line up on Sunday. After the abysmal effort that they put up last Saturday Night in Melbourne, the age-old myth that the Newcastle Knights can not win Rugby League matches without Andrew Johns in the line up. Well as the ABC Radio has in it’s promo for the broadcast, basically saying it’s a radio edition of Mythbusters. This week looking to test the myth that the Knights can’t win without Joey.

Well what can I say? Where’s Adam and Jaime when you need them. I know I may harp on this but after last week, when virtually everything that could go wrong in that game against the Storm went wrong. However as part of their preparation for this match they should be shown the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or at the very least that scene where they’re told by Tim the enchanter that they should only go if they be Knights of Valour and then the scene at the entrance of the cave where it’s guarded by a Rabbit.

The other thing that get up my nose is the fact that the Sydney media are always seem to love getting all over it like a cheap suit when it comes to giving us a right royal bollocking. Well nothing would give me more pleasure than for them to choke on a big chunk of humble pie.

This would be to illustrate that if they think this will be a case of one rabbit stew coming right up they will have another thing coming if they take them too lightly. For those of you who have seen the movie will know that if do take them lightly then there will be carnage and a classic case of run away.

Putting all jokes aside thought last Saturday Night I was watching the game at the Diggers and it was the first time in a while where I walked out with ten minutes left in the match, that’s how discussed I was. It wouldn’t have been so bad if they had put a real effort into it, but it looked to me as though they could hold the ball to save themselves were totally over powered by the defence.

Also I’m starting to wonder if the perfect week has ended up being a curse when it comes to the footy tipping. After getting a perfect round a few weeks ago, the last two weeks in a row I’ve only managed to get two out of seven so the Knights aren’t the only ones who went like an absolute busted last weekend.

“This Myth, Totally Busted” – Adam Savage & Jamie Hynerman

Alex28

Coach
I'm still looking for which part of the article is a myth Ian.

12 matches in a row suggests it is no myth dude...

IanG

Coach
Well I guess what I'm trying to say is we wanna blow the whole thing out of the water. Show that we can without him as it were.

Samwise

Bench
Winning against the Bunnies will prove very little IMO. We need to be winning when Johns is out against quality opposition. We had that chance against the Storm and blew it. Furthermore we need to be doing it somewhat consistantly.

Even I switched off with 10 to go which I never do..... And yep its definately no myth and something that I hope Smith can get into the lads is that without Joey they are still meant to have a go.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
IanG said:
It’s now been confirmed that Andrew Johns will be missing from the Newcastle Knights line up on Sunday.
Actually, no it hasn't ;-)

Boxer

Juniors
It's not that we can't win without A. JOHNS.
We just can't win with a one man team named Kidley

IanG

Coach
Jobdog said:
Actually, no it hasn't ;-)
Well I was going on the fact that he wasn't named in the 17. It's since been speculated that he could end up wearing jersey #18

cram

Bench
An intersting comment by Warren Ryan this week was words to the effects that the Knights have hit rock bottom, they could not play any worse unless they really applied themselves....got to love his wit....lol

Latest posts