What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY - Group A: England v Bangladesh at The Oval on Jun 1, 2017 - ENGLAND WON

TheParraboy

Staff member
ICC Champions trophy kicks off this Thursday night 7.30pm AEST

Its a pretty short tournament so ill do a thread for each game

Poms should win here, but a big LOL if they dont

Bazal

Post Whore
The pitch has some grass on it but based on the sparkling conditions I kinda can't help but think England choosing to bowl feels kind of like a team that wants the game over with quickly and thinks they should win.

I do hope they take Bangladesh lightly....

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bangers 1/56 - 12 overs

just lost their first wicket last ball of the over damm

still a good start

Bazal

Post Whore
Tamim Iqbal brings up an excellent hundred. Mushfiqur 63*, Bangladesh 2/222 after 39 and a bit

Bazal

Post Whore
They've cocked this up. 6 overs ago they had a bloke on 130* and a bloke on 80* and they were headed for 340. Both played shit shots, Mushfiqur moreso, and the final total is 305....

Still, always hard to chase over 300.

blaza88z

Coach
does Chris Lynn have this "bat sensor" equipped? I would be absolutely shocked if someone has faster bat speed than him

Bazal

Post Whore
Haha Jason Roy somehow scoops a half volley outside off straight to short fine leg.

Not sure if the pressure of chasing 300 or just a twat.....

Bazal

Post Whore
does Chris Lynn have this "bat sensor" equipped? I would be absolutely shocked if someone has faster bat speed than him

It'd be interesting for sure. He gives it a belt, but I'd have a sneaky bet on Steve Smith to be close. That snap of the wrists, for the good players, generates an amazing amount of bat speed.

blaza88z

Coach
Haha Jason Roy somehow scoops a half volley outside off straight to short fine leg.

Not sure if the pressure of chasing 300 or just a twat.....

The commentators were banging on about him being some sort of class player, never appealed to me, struck me as one of those guys who when in could give it a whack but struggles to get in

undertaker

Coach
Still, always hard to chase over 300.
not with all the flat pitches going around these days. 300+ scores have increased substantially over the past few years.

Will be interesting to see if one of the curators in this tournament will have the balls to put a bit of grass on the pitch.

blaza88z

Coach
not with all the flat pitches going around these days. 300+ scores have increased substantially over the past few years.

Will be interesting to see if one of the curators in this tournament will have the balls to put a bit of grass on the pitch.

The other night England were 6 for nothing, basically.. don't know how much the pitch had to do with it though

Bazal

Post Whore
The commentators were banging on about him being some sort of class player, never appealed to me, struck me as one of those guys who when in could give it a whack but struggles to get in

They've been carrying on about England's batting line up being strong, but they have one bloke averaging over 40. I know a lot of them have been better than that over the last 12 months or so, but it still doesn't paint a picture of a dominant batting line up.

Bangladesh are a real shot here, especially if they get Root early