What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea for Away Strip

What do you all think?

• Great Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Load Of crap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

antonius

Coach
Encurly said:
I picked Load of Crap, though that's a bit harsher than I would've put it.

Basically
1. I don't think green and brown looks any good;
2. Should keep Newcastle rep teams and Knights separate;
3. The clubs colours are red and blue.

Really we only need an alternate when we're playing someone with mainly dark blue - Roosters, Cowboys, Storm. So a mainly red alternate strip should work. We could do this by removing the bottom blue stripes of the existing home jersey:

photo1.jpg

or by using the reverse of the "traditional strip", something like:

photo2.jpg

Now I like either of those, I have never been a fan of our current away strip, only pretended to be to stir up Melon and the other Gooster fans.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Encurly said:

Basically

Really we only need an alternate when we're playing someone with mainly dark blue - Roosters, Cowboys, Storm. So a mainly red alternate strip should work. We could do this by removing the bottom blue stripes of the existing home jersey:

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg
I like both of those.... but I think we should make the traditional jersey the main one... I like it alot... I got the 15 yr anniversary one.

knightsno1fan

Juniors
Encurly said:

Basically

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg
I really like both of those strips as well. They would look really different.

Kaz

junior
Encurly said:
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

OMG

Where are my sunglasses.

Next time give a warning on the colours.

IanG

Coach
Seems like my idea isn't too popular
I got the idea from the fact that Brisbane use to use that aqua one
Though how would everyone feel about the knight going back to the 1988 perminantly?

MC DUI

Juniors
Encurly said:

Basically

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

You're an ideas man Encurly :!: :!:

Kaz

junior
IanG said:

You can have our Aqua Jerseys. :D

Terminator

First Grade
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

That majority red away strip with the single blue V at the top is smashing, very strong looking too, in fact I love it!
The traditional design.. naaaah.

The gooster immitation away strip will hopefully be binned, it is a badluck one I think, how many times did we win in it once, twice?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I had to vote Pile of Crap, because well, it is.

Some good ideas coming up however , the one with mostly red, hmmm.
2 problems, 1-What colour shorts and socks? 2- red doesn't look too good on some people.

I always liked the away jersey from a few years back, the blue and white vertical stripes with thin red stripes in between, i say go back to that, and the 1988 replica for the home jersey

fosie

Juniors
but the colour red fires up the opposition as red is the 'angry colour' so wat if u swap the red and blue so that there is more blue then red?
the traditional old one is eeerrgh..........

Anonymous

Juniors
Not having seen the proposed away strip :roll: I can only assume it is the brown and green jumper used by the Newcastle rep sides.

I think it is a great idea, better than the Great Britain test jersey we constantly get flogged in. I have often thought that the 'old' jumper should get a run, just to show the history we have in Newcastle with League. It may help build some pride too. I can still remember our bid for entry into the comp, I am sure we used the Green and Brown colours as part of the presentation for entry.

I am not saying move away from the Red and Blue full-time, just use it for our away games when required, maybe 4 or 5 times a year.

There are precedents for such jumpers, the Broncos using that god awful blue uniform for one. Penrith as well wearing the 'Cronulla' jumper.

I think we just need to register the livery with the NRL prior to the start of the season so that they can workout when it will be required. I would imagine that a deal would need to be struck between whoever in Newcastle is in charge of the strip and the Knights.

I would fully support it and so would all of my friends and family.

From a marketing/ sales perspective, having the historic jumper available for sale under the knight’s banner may prove to be a better option than the other cursed and hideous creation. I am joking about the curse ;)

Big Tim

First Grade
I dont know why people hate the 88 replica jersey. We used it this year against the Broncos and it looks great. So great infact I spent $160 to buy it in the middle of the year and give my Roosters replica to my 7yr old brother.

I would like to see us go to that 88 jersey permanently, make it our home jersey, add some white and then we have an original away jersey aswell. By the way Ian, I voted yes to your jersey, anything is better than the replica, and it is a good thought to use the real Newcastle colours.

misty

Juniors
Kaz said:
IanG said:

You can have our Aqua Jerseys. :D

UM, thanks but no thanks keep them..... your team looks so........so.....um, whats the word I'm looking for?