What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iestyn coming back ?

JasonE

Bench
I won't believe it until I see it confirmed but i hope it's true, i dont care which club he goes to, i just want to see him back playing league.

A fit Harris would be sensational not only for his club and RL but also for WAles and GB, he would provide more depth and options for GB in the TRi Nations, if he reached form and fitness.

Bullseye

Juniors
Dunno about that, TKL has been a long time target for Bradford so it'd have to be a bad injury for them to cut their losses. The Bulls are interested in Harris though and have been for some time.

I would've thought with Forshaw, Gartner, Gilmour and Lowes all retiring/leaving and only Swann and TKL coming in there would be some spare cash about under the cap.

My usual sources haven't heard anything yet though so this could just be speculation.

Ideally we need a couple of forwards at the moment. A fit Ben Kennedy or Brian Fletcher would stiffen the back row up.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Heard a while back, that Fletcher was a target for the Bulls.

Though with Gartners retirment, and we only seemed to have signed Logan Swann on a one year contract, with him been in court (he hasn't really developed into the player he once was with the Warriors) do you think he might be set lose, or resigned by Noble?

(p.s).... Whilst I'm on the post thing, you don't happen to stand with Nicey, Meist,Mystic, Li, Abz (AndreaB) and the message board crew at Odsal do you? :roll:

Bullseye

Juniors
I always stand in front of that lot and to the right (in the next block along). You know how it is when you always stand in the same place for years. It becomes "your place".

I know em all pretty well though.

I think whether Swann stays beyond 1 year depends on how he goes this year. He ought to improve soon as he's had time now to get over the injury he got in the WCC. I think we'll definietly need to strengthen the forwards in the next season or two. We've lost Lowes, Gartner and Forshaw and I expect Anderson will retire either this season or next.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Anderson is really going strong, it would suprise me when he retires actually.

I think we only got Swann, because he was the only player available once Gartner had called on retirement to full in his duties, and I believe we didn't have to pay anything for his services.

Yeah, I only asked if you knew though's guys, because I'm not so friendley with there (message board geeks) crew no longer, I odn't know if you heard or saw anything what happened at the Rhinos game on the weekend, ReleaseTheBeast was the main attraction and of course, Robin!

I normally stand behind the away players dug out, with my little kiddies possie (yes annoying) but I don't want to stand near you little friends who think there popular when there geeks :lol:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Rumour is spreading, that Noble is going to release Tohe Kohe Love, I mean I never wanted to sign that guy, and he's been out injured all season, so it's not much of a loss there.
But also to spear up a little cash, where suppost to be releasing Vaikona, I'm finding it hard to eblieve, and I want to see the real source.

Who's to bet, if so Huddersfield Giants will jump in for both signings.

terracesider

Juniors
We'll take Vaikona but TKL no thanks.We've enough problems with injuries. Anway I can't really see Nobby letting him go.

Nicey &co are geeks! PMSL.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Harris to quit union
Wales centre Iestyn Harris is set to return to rugby league by the end of the summer.
The Cardiff Blues centre has instructed his solicitors to release him from his current contract, which runs until the end of next season.

"We could hold him to playing for Wales, but I don't think that is realistic," said Welsh Rugby Union chief executive David Moffett.

"He wants to go back - that is where we are currently."

The Blues centre is reportedly set to join Super League giants Bradford Bulls.

"We have had a letter from his lawyers, but haven't heard anything from Iestyn himself," Moffett added.

"That is disappointing, but we have handed his letter to our lawyers."

I am just flabbergasted that we agreed and signed a contract like this
WRU chief David Moffett
Moffett revealed the WRU would not get a penny out of Harris' move.
"It is the most bizarre contract I have ever seen in my life," he told the Western Mail newspaper.

"But we are bound by it. I am just flabbergasted that we agreed and signed a contract like this.

"There isn't much we can do about that under the contract which was signed."

Harris, who switched codes from league to union in 2001, was thought to be returning to Leeds but with Bradford now a more likely long-term destination, they would probably have to pay compensation to their Super League neighbours.

"My understanding is that he has to return to Leeds under the current contract," added Moffett.

"That is a matter between Leeds and Bradford. It does quite clearly state he must return to Leeds, but that is a matter for Leeds to deal with.

"The issue for us is his contract with the WRU and the Blues.

"That does say he can return to league and play international rugby for us."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/3781353.stm

Published: 2004/06/06 14:23:32 GMT

© BBC MMIV

The last line of the article - is it saying he could still play international RU for Wales?

terracesider

Juniors
Yes, in theory he could still play for Wales.

In the unlikely event he was picked and it clashed with a Dulls fixture, I'd guess there would be some sparks flying as the Bradford chairman would most likely tell them to get lost. :lol:

DrewBeliever

Juniors
So are you approving that they are geeks, or just laughing at the fact I think there geeks and are there best mates?!

And I think we would let Harris play Re Footy, we let Robbie Paul and Vainikolo go play for New Zealand, when Lesley is a key part to our squad.

terracesider

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
So are you approving that they are geeks, or just laughing at the fact I think there geeks and are there best mates?!

Nicey's been called much worse things when he comes trolling on the Huddersfield board. ;-)

DrewBeliever

Juniors
:mrgreen: Geek I guess!!

They pick on there own supporting Army, I'm heaps younger than the Message Board crew, and they all take pride in making me feel uncomfartable at matches.

And that Andrea and Nicey post every where like there God's gift's, wouldn't suprise me if they don't find there wya over here any time soon..... ssssh keep this link to ourselfes.

P.S you coming to Odsal on Sunday for our all Yorkshire Derby match?
Best of Luck!

terracesider

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
:p.S you coming to Odsal on Sunday for our all Yorkshire Derby match?
Best of Luck!

No I can't go, but I don't think luck will do much good. You always seem to be the one side that can take us apart. But after last Sunday, who knows

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Yeah, Huddersfield are pretty confidenet at the moment, deffinatley got alot of talent in the ruck, I was at the McAlpine for the Wakefield tourcher, that was really dissapointing for you.

But the way Bradford are playing at the moment, there is no way you can make a predication.
Last weeks performance at the Willows was one of the worst I've seen, probably since becoming a Bulls supporter.
But I'm no glory hunter, I'll be proud and stick by them what ever the score..... Go the Bulls! :D

Electric_Eels

Juniors
Bradford sign rugby star
From correspondents in Bradford
July 2, 2004

SUPER LEAGUE champions Bradford signed former Leeds star Iestyn Harris from rugby union today, ending weeks of speculation.

The Bulls had been linked with the dual-code international since he was released from his contract with the Welsh Rugby Union last month.

Harris, 28, left Leeds in 2001 in a four-year transfer worth about £1.5 million ($A3.92 million).

"I am very excited about coming back to a very strong Super League and particularly to the Bulls, who are one of the best clubs in world rugby league," Harris said.

Agence France-Presse

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10017540-23214,00.html

terracesider

Juniors
Stand by for loud noises from Leeds who reckon he's under contract to them.

Caisley v Hetherington. Should be fun :lol:

Latest posts