What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Head isn't going to get a run

watatank

Coach
Why name him on the bench at all? We have the players to cover an injury to the halves during the match (Young) so I don't think he is worth having in the team, if he's only going to be used in extreme circumstances. Wouldn't Head be more useful gaining match fitness, confidence, etc in NSW Cup so when he is finally called upon he will be well and truly ready?

Gaba

First Grade
Maybe a lucky charm :)? and to keep soward and hornby minds on the job, if they make a mistake they will be hooked

RufusRex

Post Whore
he is an option ... thats all

tonight we carrier a half, hooker, foward and outside back .. perfect for any situation ... our back row are all 80 minute players and that gives Wayne amazing flexibility on the bench

ericred

Juniors
he is an option ... thats all

tonight we carrier a half, hooker, foward and outside back .. perfect for any situation ... our back row are all 80 minute players and that gives Wayne amazing flexibility on the bench

Totally agree with you there. It's so awesome that we have so many 80 min players in our squad this season. The commentators tonight even made several mentions of it.

dragonfire

Bench
true that and to think that we still were able to monster Parramatta that much that their ironman Hindmarsh had to have a spell

Drew-Sta

Staff member
He said in Brisbane that there 'wasn't a time' for him to be able to bring both Morrin and Head on.

Perhaps this is a repeat case?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He is probably doing it to keep the players on their toes. If they play bad the replacement is there. If so it looks to be working as Soward and Hornby have been on fire since Head has been on the bench.

There is talk Parra may go after Head? I hope not.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I think the timing of the rain last week and Smiths binning tonight couldn't have helped Matt chances of getting a run in the final 20min

thommo4pm

Coach
Can someone tell me why Saffy wasn't playing? Surely he couldn't have got dropped?

Apparently sustained a little quad injury and was ruled out yesterday.
He wouldn't have been dropped straight out of the 17 if fit surely, I'd say Nightingale would have been dropped from the bench if Saffy was fit.

watatank

Coach
I am sure Bennett has his reasons for it but I am just concerned that Head will be underdone if we need him to do more than a possible cameo off the bench.

xofstgeorge

Juniors
the brazillian soccer team used to practice with only 12 men on the field, this was due to the fact that if in a real pressure game, they lost a player due to a red card they knew that they could handle the extra pressure applied to them.
I dont know wayne bennet, but i know his knowledge of the game is greater than our collective brains, i think that maybe he is using the first half of the season as an extended boot camp for the lads.
If the players know that they have played 4-5 games with only 15 players, then they know come semi finals time, that if an injury or two occurs during the match, then they have more than enough experience in that situation.
I think head would have been informed of this, as i cant see wayne deliberatly signing head then driving his morale into the ground. This seems to be an absolute master stroke by WB, i think in the next 21 weeks we will look back at this and realise he saw something much deeper than what we were looking at.

IN WAYNE WE TRUST!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Other than the bench there wasn't room for Saffy with Poore back.

Looks as though Saffy will be back next week with Poore and Costigan suspected broken hands
Saffy suffered a quad strain in training, he'll be back next week. He would have started if not for the injury with Poore off the bench.

Costigan needs scans, Poore is fine.

Latest posts