What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it’s Perth PNG & NZ, then what order will NRL choose?

If it's PNG, NZ 2 and Perth, what order will they debut?

• PNG, NZ 2, then Perth

• PNG, Perth, then NZ 2

• Perth, PNG, then NZ 2

• Perth, NZ 2, then PNG

• NZ 2, Perth, then PNG

• NZ 2, PNG, then Perth

Results are only viewable after voting.

MugaB

Coach
Irrespective of the Dolphins, PNG will face all sorts of hurdles, seen and unforeseen, that will impact the broader league.

Besides my money would be on most clubs and other stakeholders being wary of further expansion so soon after the 18th anyway, especially if we start talking about markets that could actually have a significant impact on the league. Maybe PVL could get it over the line by pushing it through all at once, but aside from that he, or his successor, will be pushing shit up hill to expand again within 10 years.
Kate jones is rumoured to succeed him

Canard

Immortal
What's more likely?

A 10 team 260 player professional RL comp starting up in the US by next year, or the NRL being 20 teams by 2027/8?

Colk

First Grade
What's more likely?

A 10 team 260 player professional RL comp starting up in the US by next year, or the NRL being 20 teams by 2027/8?

Neither.

I’d back an American comp in maybe 2-3 years. If we get to 20 teams a more realistic timeframe would be like 6-8 years.

I’m open to being pleasantly surprised

The Great Dane

First Grade
Png hunters
The Hunters have totally failed to achieve any of their major goals, and regularly needed cash injections of millions of dollars above their budget from the NRL and Australian taxpayer just to stay solvent. An NRL side will be even more expensive, face even bigger and more varied obstacles, and be infinitely more risky.

It's inevitable that the NRL will be working out the kinks for years after they're launched, and pretty regularly from there on out. That's not to mention the guillotine of their gov funding being cut, and what to do when it is, that will hang over their heads forever.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The GD is back sharing his special brand of heavy handed negativity. Must be fun at parties ……..
Firstly, being critical isn't necessarily being negative.

Secondly, it's actually okay to be negative, especially if something is, you know, f**king negative.

Weak-minded dumb merkins that can't handle the stark reality of bad situations and/or feel the need to try to spin all negatives as positives are not only pathetic, but about as useful as tits on a bull. Put simply, you can't respond to a problem if you refuse to accept that you have one in the first place.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
She'll never impress you GD, actually none of the ARLC have impressed you, nor has anyone in NRL, LU or even real life for that matter.... carry on
Unlike you I have standards, and everything I've seen of Kate Jones is "muh Queensland" and/or "muh representation", and there's absolutely nothing impressive about that.

Frankly it misses the whole point of an independent commission in the first place, which is to make decisions in the best interests of the game as a whole independent of the influence of any individual stakeholders within it, not to act as a unelected representative of a certain constituency wants and needs within the game.

blue bags

First Grade

Secondly, it's actually okay to be negative, especially if something is, you know, f**king negative.

Weak-minded dumb merkins that can't handle the stark reality of bad situations and/or feel the need to try to spin all negatives as positives are not only pathetic, but about as useful as tits on a bull. Put simply, you can't respond to a problem if you refuse to accept that you have one in the first place.
I agree
I deal with this every day
With so many people
I just become numb
Speechless
Numbness
It's the New society

MugaB

Coach
Unlike you I have standards, and everything I've seen of Kate Jones is "muh Queensland" and/or "muh representation", and there's absolutely nothing impressive about that.

Frankly it misses the whole point of an independent commission in the first place, which is to make decisions in the best interests of the game as a whole independent of the influence of any individual stakeholders within it, not to act as a unelected representative of a certain constituency wants and needs within the game.
Yep, Ok i feel you really are over-reading, or over reaching just to find a negative, know one cares if she is representing QLD, probably best there was someone else other than just her and beattie, seems like having QLD reps being involved in the ARLC is a crazy idea... should've rolled back those stones that have zero emotions, zero empathy and zero influence to represent them instead... or better yet bob catter

Yep, Ok i feel you really are over-reading, or over reaching just to find a negative, know one cares if she is representing QLD, probably best there was someone else other than just her and beattie, seems like having QLD reps being involved in the ARLC is a crazy idea... should've rolled back those stones that have zero emotions, zero empathy and zero influence to represent them instead... or better yet bob catter
Bob Katter played in the BRL. His son was contracted with the Cowboys at one stage.

Katter went on Sky News Australia and said anyone who plays fumbleball is a "Sheila".

Make him the next ARLC Chairman.

Wb1234

Referee
The Hunters have totally failed to achieve any of their major goals, and regularly needed cash injections of millions of dollars above their budget from the NRL and Australian taxpayer just to stay solvent. An NRL side will be even more expensive, face even bigger and more varied obstacles, and be infinitely more risky.

It's inevitable that the NRL will be working out the kinks for years after they're launched, and pretty regularly from there on out. That's not to mention the guillotine of their gov funding being cut, and what to do when it is, that will hang over their heads forever.
That's going to be least of their problems lol.

The logistics, social, economic, and political issues with PNG will be brutal.
Png hunters do

Wb1234

Referee

Like Perth red you show you’re love of rugby league by being negative about it

Vlad59

Bench

You really are depressing

Brian potter

First Grade
I’d rather just have a 19 team competition with Perth and NZ2 added than have a 100% sure to fail vanity project PNG team.

Colk

First Grade
I’d rather just have a 19 team competition with Perth and NZ2 added than have a 100% sure to fail vanity project PNG team.

In its place you could choose a 3rd Kiwi side, another Brisbane side or heck even Adelaide. All of those options would be more secure than a PNG side. But a Perth and another NZ side would be a meatloaf for me.

Brian potter

First Grade
In its place you could choose a 3rd Kiwi side, another Brisbane side or heck even Adelaide. All of those options would be more secure than a PNG side. But a Perth and another NZ side would be a meatloaf for me.
Another Queensland side or heck even a central coast team would be more palatable than a PNG team.

Latest posts