What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it's not a done deal....

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd say it'll be very close to it.

The Newcastle Knights have announced that coach Michael Hagan is about to embark on his last season with the club.

In a statement released on Friday the Knights confirmed that Hagan's current contract would not be renewed when it expired at the end of the 2006 season.

Hagan now looks set to move to Parramatta, with the Eels formally offering him a contract for 2007 and beyond.

Knights chairman Michael Tyler said the decision was taken after considering a personal request from Hagan.

"The Knights Board had previously indicated they would not make a decision on Michael's future until mid-season," he said.

"That decision was brought forward to today, at the request of Michael who informed the Knights board he had received an offer from another NRL club and asked for an answer on his future.

"Under those circumstances, the board made their decision not to extend the current contract.

"I would like to add, however, that Michael's contribution to the club has been an outstanding one."

Hagan played 111 first grade games for the Knights and returned to coach reserve grade in 2000.

He took over the first grade helm in 2001 and guided the Knights to the premiership in his first season in charge.

He will step down as the longest-serving coach in the club's history.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200601/s1547251.htm

Hindyscrack

Bench
As i said on the NRL page

Crap...

Hagan is not a great buy IMO
Couldnt win an Origin, Has a wooden spooon, Bullscum is in his heart, Queenslander... Coaching record is on the back of Joey

Wobbygong

First Grade
Super coach, coached Queensland to a loss and the Knights to the Spoon.

I mean Brian Smith is rubbish, but then to sign up the coach of the wooden spooners WTF are Parra's management thinking, oh that's right Fitzy runs the joint

Bicey_18

Bench
Hindyscrack said:

Crap...

Couldnt win an Origin, Has a wooden spooon, Bullscum is in his heart, Queenslander... Coaching record is on the back of Joey

I agree with you Hindy, Hence why we arent that upset he is leaving, he has done nothing with our club except go backwards.... he took a once awesome team built by the famous 'Wok' and ruined it within 3 seasons...

People say "oh but he won a comp in his first year" that may be true but he wasnt the reason for them winning... When Warren Ryan took over from Mal Reilly, he made our team even more awesome, although we had been tasting success with Reilly already but added more to our game, we continued to go forward, making finals each year...

2001, enter Hagan.... Inherited a premiership winning side, known for its flamboyance and heart and won the comp that year. Since then we have gone backwards, and it isnt a coincidence that since Hagan took over we have done so.... The guy has lost 2 straight Origin series and took us to our 1st wooden spoon...

Im not surprised you guys arent happy with Hagan being your future coach, i wouldnt either.. you have every right to blow up

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hindyscrack said:

Crap...

Yes, but we have a potential Joey Mk II in our team, don't we?

Hurriflatch

Referee
I just hope Danny Weilder and Tony Peters both say Hagan is a shoe in to coach Parra

then hell will freeze over, pigs will fly and I'll get laid before Hagan becomes coach

Hellsy

Immortal
Heard on the radio this afternoon that Newcastle has said they will not re-sign Hagan, guess that seals the 2007 coach at Parra then.

Hellsy

Immortal
Dammit Eela.
Name your threads so they are not so cryptic!!!

Delete this one will you??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Dammit Eela.
Name your threads so they are not so cryptic!!!

Delete this one will you??

don't worry about thread answer your mobile dammit!!!! :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I just hope Danny Weilder and Tony Peters both say Hagan is a shoe in to coach Parra

then hell will freeze over, pigs will fly and I'll get laid before Hagan becomes coach

your a phucken crack up!!! :lol: