What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Fangs

Coach
It's taking on one if the shittest jobs in the NRL. You'll get the sack once the house is somewhat in order then hopefully the new guy is good enough to bring success.

I'd look at an experienced coach if they will take it as they are going to be tortured for two years and they need some steel about them. Someone like Cartwright.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Cant be a rookie coach, they would get chewed up and spat out real fast. Not a lot of experienced coaches out there that are still up for it that would also accept an offer from us. Maybe Flannagan?

Fangs

Coach
Cant be a rookie coach, they would get chewed up and spat out real fast. Not a lot of experienced coaches out there that are still up for it that would also accept an offer from us. Maybe Flannagan?

I think Flanagan is the kind of guy who would take the job after the tough work is done.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I would go for Kristen Wolfe. He did a great job with Tonga and the players love him. I think they even threatened to strike if he was replaced .
He would probably attract a few quality Tongan players. It would be beneficial to the Tongan team to have as many of them as possible playing together throughout the season.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think Madge has to go.....he drops too much ball, misses too many tackles and does stupid shit on the field?

Surely it can't be the players fault?

I'm not sure what the problem is either, but the only constant in all this (for the last 11 years) is one player? We need a star player imo.

But the whole team just play dumb footy most times and I don't think the next coach will do any better, with this lot, so I can't see any better coach wanting to take them on.

Perth Tiger

Bench
John Morris another option?

I'm not really a fan of sacking coaches as it just makes it more difficult to recruit a decent coach and players but something is broken between Madge and the team and I cant see it getting better and unfortunately we cant sack half the team.

Maxxn99

Juniors
Does it really matter whether it be a rookie or experienced coach. Gardner has been at the club what two or three years. And has coached his team well whilst here. We need a new start today and I think it’s the most logical. He could team up with Farah or Kimmorley

Pezz70

Juniors
Jesus talk about a rebuild. We get Sheens in we are going back 10 years.

Dont you remember how shite the last 3 or 4 years of his time as coach was?

I think having him back in the club is either going to be brilliant or a complete cluster f**k
What when we made the finals for the last time and got knocked over by a 40 metre field goal.

macnaz

Staff member
So we have added new assistant coaches and the Sheenius and Ronald over the off season to help change things. How is it that there is absolutely zero change in skills, defence or attitude. What exactly was the point of the new people because obviously its having no impact on the field.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
So we have added new assistant coaches and the Sheenius and Ronald over the off season to help change things. How is it that there is absolutely zero change in skills, defence or attitude. What exactly was the point of the new people because obviously its having no impact on the field.
To me the jarring thing is it has been said for a few years now they do it well at training but loose it at the game itself. What the f*** is the cause? Yes pressure of performance on the day but isn't the coach and staff supposed to handle that? It's not just putting out the witches hats at training it's managing the transition from training to game day. For that persistent failure alone Maguire has to go surely

Tiger05

First Grade
To me the jarring thing is it has been said for a few years now they do it well at training but loose it at the game itself. What the f*** is the cause? Yes pressure of performance on the day but isn't the coach and staff supposed to handle that? It's not just putting out the witches hats at training it's managing the transition from training to game day. For that persistent failure alone Maguire has to go surely

I agree with you but I wouldn't sack him so quickly. It's not going to improve by sacking him or it will be at best a quick fix.

Surely he has to go at some point though. The team simply aren't performing under his tenure.

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree with you but I wouldn't sack him so quickly. It's not going to improve by sacking him or it will be at best a quick fix.

Surely he has to go at some point though. The team simply aren't performing under his tenure.
Agree, but TBF he hasn’t been here for 11 years either and unfortunately there is only 1 constant who has?

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors

Agree. Have WT / Maguire ever tried sports psychologists on the entire team to try to ameliorate this?

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree. Have WT / Maguire ever tried sports psychologists on the entire team to try to ameliorate this?

They need to do something don't they. I mean Peachey and Gildart gave away 2 of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen.

Surely you'd have some process to work on these types of mistakes.