What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

Chippy73

Bench
Tigers should give Geoff Toovey a go.... Toovey at Bulldogs would make me angry but I can handle him at the Tigers seeing as though I live in Leichhardt and would prefer the Tigers not to be a basket case.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Should have done this at the end of last year, not when two other clubs have sacked their coaches meaning there is now going to be strong competition to sign anyone decent. Fantastic timing as usual by the club.
we are probably the best placed out of the three so should have our pick of the poor bunch that would put their hands up to coach any of the three

Trollhammaren

Juniors
That’s it for me and the Tigers, sack the Balmain half of the club and go back to being the Magpies or I’m jumping on Ivan’s bus and getting the flock out of here

Lol don't let the door hit you on the way out...

I was 50/50 about Madge remaining or going, but facts are we've regressed terribly during his tenure. Give someone else a go and see if they can pull a rabbit out of a hat, because otherwise we'd just be facing the usual cycle of underachievement.

The Rosco

Bench
Someone better tell the players they are now guaranteed for the finals this year.
That was the problem with Madge right? . . . that we couldn't make the finals and we got flogged by souffs ?
Well we don't have that problem no more. We sacked Madge
We used to have a team full of heartless shit players that don't play for each other.
That's another thing instantly fixed. We sacked Madge. They are now a gun squad.
Look out Manly. 48-6 here we come.
Buy your GF tickets now boys and beat the rush.
We sacked Madge. All our shitness has just instantly disappeared.
Someone tell Burton, Chrichton and Hass that we'll have a new coach soon.
Guaranteed they'll come now . . . the only thing stopping us from signing a marquee was Madge, apparently.
Oh goody. Another fkkn re-building phase.
Wake me up in 2025.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Wow! As much as I couldn't see Madge being our coach of choice next year it still feels like a shock.
Fingers crossed we get a quality coach that can attract quality players.
Exciting times with hopefully a good outcome.

WA Tiger

Bench
Someone better tell the players they are now guaranteed for the finals this year.
That was the problem with Madge right? . . . that we couldn't make the finals and we got flogged by souffs ?
Well we don't have that problem no more. We sacked Madge
We used to have a team full of heartless shit players that don't play for each other.
That's another thing instantly fixed. We sacked Madge. They are now a gun squad.
Look out Manly. 48-6 here we come.
Buy your GF tickets now boys and beat the rush.
We sacked Madge. All our shitness has just instantly disappeared.
Someone tell Burton, Chrichton and Hass that we'll have a new coach soon.
Guaranteed they'll come now . . . the only thing stopping us from signing a marquee was Madge, apparently.
Oh goody. Another fkkn re-building phase.
Wake me up in 2025.
Nothing is certain. Life’s a gamble but when you are heading to a pretty certain spoon (or in life broke, with no options but still with time to play a hand) a gamble is what’s needed..I bet you’ve rebounded from many what seemed like dead ends by not sitting on your hands throughout your Tiger tenure

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I don't understand the timing of it. It should have been done at the end of last season, otherwise he should finish out the year. The only way this makes sense is if the club has another coach lined up that they've been chasing. Otherwise we've just sacked our coach with no other coach lined up & are now one of 3 clubs chasing a new coach. That just doesn't make any sense to me, though this is the tigers we're talking about, so that's probably the position we are in.

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently it is cheaper to sack a coach then make players accountable? Another decisive decision by sheens and the board.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Nothing is certain. Life’s a gamble but when you are heading to a pretty certain spoon (or in life broke, with no options but still with time to play a hand) a gamble is what’s needed..I bet you’ve rebounded from many what seemed like dead ends by not sitting on your hands throughout your Tiger tenure
We all pretty much accepted that 22 was going to be a nothing year. Roster regressed, and no good players coming.
We all knew it, many of us said it right here. '23 was looking far better.
As it turned out, Hastings brought a turnaround in attitude and it showed on field. So we went from a crap box, to a crap box with a mostly improved defence and attitude.
The improvement in our pathetic roster full of sub first graders, was visible.
The gamble now is . . . . the improvement we were showing, vs another fkkng rebuild coz the new coach can't get our lot to play with heart.
Is this our 4th rebuild in a row ?
Good that we somehow keep expecting different outcomes every single time.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I wanna see this invisible board come out and try and explain the reasoning why this was done now. As mentioned above, it's pretty ordinary timing considering all best coaches are being sounded out by three clubs who've all sacked their coach this year. If we don't have anyone better ready to jump in that's just amateur hour, and textbook Wests Tigers management.

Tigerm

First Grade
We all pretty much accepted that 22 was going to be a nothing year. Roster regressed, and no good players coming.
We all knew it, many of us said it right here. '23 was looking far better.
As it turned out, Hastings brought a turnaround in attitude and it showed on field. So we went from a crap box, to a crap box with a mostly improved defence and attitude.
The improvement in our pathetic roster full of sub first graders, was visible.
The gamble now is . . . . the improvement we were showing, vs another fkkng rebuild coz the new coach can't get our lot to play with heart.
Is this our 4th rebuild in a row ?
Good that we somehow keep expecting different outcomes every single time.
Agree, what decent coach is going to want to come here? We will only get rookies and desperate ex coaches applying?

Regardless of whether Madge should of been sacked or not, one thing he did do is support his players in public, which is more than what a lot of his players did in return.Sure he may of given them a spray behind closed doors, but considering the results he achieved and the tripe that at times was dished up on the field, I would not of blamed him if he named and shamed them in his post match interviews at the expense of losing the dressing room as it happened regardless.

Latest posts