What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If nxt wk is Newwie/Dogs and Saints/Melb....

Moffo

Referee
Which game should be played at Telstra? :cool:

The NRL clearly said last year that they'd have the freedom to move games around this year.

Given the relative locations of the four above teams and their prospective fan bases, I contend that the dogs v knights game should be at Telstra on the Saturday Night. Barring last week, Dogs are easily in the top 3 most supported clubs in Sydney and if the Knights made the Prelim, they'd have squillions of people coming down the highway for this one

What does everyone else think?

BTW, i hate not having a game on Sunday. Worst decision ever!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sydney v Semi-Final opponent is Friday 22 Sept at Telstra Moff. No changes, the venues are locked in.

ouwet

Bench
Bloody NRL and not playing semi-finals on sunday!!!

I went last night and it was a huge rush after work (Like every friday night game)... Bulldogs V Knights will sellout in a day... Bulldogs V Broncos would get atleast 35K.

philstorm

Juniors
I hope the Storm are at Aussie and not Telstra. Someone's due to break their leg at TS one of these days.

Friday Night - Aussie Stadium
Saturday Night - Telstra Stadium

That's locked in.

Which game is played where/when is not necessarily locked in.

The media is assuming that, like in previous years, the minor premiers will play the second preliminary final at Telstra. I'm yet to see/here anything from the NRL to this effect.

If it was up to me I'd play Melbourne/Saints at Aussie Stadium on Friday night and Bulldogs/Newie/Brisbane at Telstra Stadium on Saturday night.

Timmah

Staff member
That would be smarter but both Melbourne and Bulldogs have had it indicated to them that their games are locked in date-wise.

i think it will be Dogs v Knights or Broncos at Aussie, and Storm v Dragons at Telstra

although i think it will be a tough decision, on which game gets a bigger crowd, normally you would say dogs and knights (if knights win today), although melbourne have a lot of support, as well as the dragons, from what we saw last night
so its going to be a hard decision on which game is played were

Timmah

Staff member
HMS Cheesemaker said:
Yet the NRL website itself still says that venues are subject to change.

The same one reporting on the Brumbies giving the Force a 25-10 Rugby Union lesson? :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
WWhy would you play dragons vs Melbourne at telstra? There will be some wide open spaces.

Should be dogs vs whoever at telstra dragons vs storm at Aussie

Timmah said:
The same one reporting on the Brumbies giving the Force a 25-10 Rugby Union lesson? :lol:

I knew you'd say that.

Let me clarify, I'm not saying that I'm certain that the NRL hasn't decided where/when to host the preliminary finals.

All I'm saying is that whilst there's no official word from the NRL that they have, it's still possible that we will see a switch.

they made the same mistake as last year in having tigers and dragons playing at Aussie​

i think the nrl should wait to see what 2 teams will play and then decide the venue, as well as tickets going on sale when they find out which 2 teams make it

Timmah

Staff member
As long as they don't f**k us around I'm happy. All I'm saying is that I can't see it being changed. Which yes, SUCKS.

esssee

Juniors
Storm v Dragons should be Friday, and Dogs v Knights/Broncos should be Saturday.

This will allow BOTH teams who play this weekend to have seven days turn around.

Otherwise, the Dragons will get eight days, and the Knights/Broncos will only get six days.

phonetic

Juniors
I'd be happy for venues to be switched. I'm not all that fond of Telstra Stadium. Mid 40k's would be the ideal capacity for the Saints Storm clash.

I don't think the Canterbury prelim will draw all that many more though.. but a lot would depend on who they end up playing.

Latest posts