What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you could pick the side...

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
What does your ideal team look like if you could pick from any of our players (ignoring injuries, suspensions etc..)

Mine would be

1. RTS
2. Maumalo
3. Kata
4. Beale
5. Fusitua
6. Green
7. Johnson
8. Afoa
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Papalii
15. Sao
16. Mannering
17. Lisone

18th man Satae.

And no I wouldn't want to name a side and then make "tactical" changes on game day :/

I ask because I'm hoping come the finals we will be able to get our best side on the park. So what's your best team?

JJ

Immortal
If everyone's good to go, something like
1. RTS
2. Maumalo
3.Ayshford
4. Beale
5. Fusitua
6. Green
7. Johnson
8. Afoa
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Mannering

14. Papalii
15. Sao
16. Satae
17. Blair/Vete/Gavet

Last edited:

Iron Lion

Juniors
Why do people rate Papaili? I have not seen anything remarkable at all about him - He appears to me to be very ordinary and greatly over-hyped. In fact im kind of stunned he is picked ahead of Sao.

ShaunJohnson7

Juniors
Hey guys,

First post so thought I'd give this a whirl

1. RTS
2. Fus
3. Hiku
4. Beale
5. Ken
6. Green
7. SJ
8. Bunty
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Blair
12. Harris
13. Mannering

14. Lawton
15. Gavet
16. Sao
17. Satae

Pulu aint back till around round 20 so not considering him but he would come back in on the left edge with Blair moving to 13 and Mannering depending how he goes either to bench or out altogether.

Mannering had a pretty awful game v the Rabbits and frankly hasn't looked near his best. I'd still give him a chance in the middle because I think he's pretty much being played out of position. He's got no creativity obviously on the edge but his post contact metres aren't bad so if he's taking the odd hit up and concentrating on defending the middle then perhaps he can still do a job there.

Without Pulu I've put Blair on the left edge because I feel like he's our best ball playing forward and he could create things on a rather currently limp left edge. If he can generate some 2nd phase play then he can add value to that side. Got Beale to replace Kata as Beale is a more experienced and high IQ player who I feel will be better at getting the ball to Ken in quality positions.

Keep Hiku on the right......his defence ain't ideal but he's formed a nice combination with guys like Harris and Fus on the right and that's where we have been most threatening.

Lawton for Jazz, just feel he's clearly the superior player here and you can't carry both on the bench, Lawton at a pinch can cover the haves and centres as well.

Got Satae, Gavet and Sao on the bench which gives us size and some aggression although Gavet has been disappointing and hope he can pick it up otherwise maybe Papaali to come back in, as long as Vete and Lisone aren't near the team.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
1. RTS
2. Fusitua
3. Hiku
4. Beale
5. Maumalo
6. Green
7. Johnson
8. Gavet
9. Luke
10. Paasi
11. Pulu
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Afoa
15. Mannering
16. Vete
17. Roache

Meth

Staff member
1- RTS
2- Maumalo
3- Kata
4- Beale
5- Fusitu'a
6- Green
7- Johnson
8- Afoa
9- Luke
10- Paasi
11- Pulu
12- Harris
13- Mannering

Res- Roache, Sao, Blair, Tevaga

Lisone, Vete and Papalii knocking on the door.

I've got love for Ayshford, but I am putting my faith in a Maumalo and Kata combination that has been established.