What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikin and Walters

nqboy

First Grade
Razor said:
We've had to put up with them for years in Brisbane. They are truly awful. Just be grateful you don't have to put with Bombolas as well.
I dunno what's worse, his bias on TV or him being in parliament.

Razor said:
And the Brisbane media have the gall to claim that the main 9 commentators are biased towards the Sydney teams. Yet they don't say a word about the most biased commentators on the planet.
Just like the Sydney media really, kissing each other's arses, smoking each other's poles, just one big love-in.

Azkatro

First Grade
The bias is pretty shameful. But they hardly pay attention when the opposition have the ball, which was evidenced when Peter Wallace kicked the field goal - the main caller (whoever he is) was ranting on about something and then Walters interjected by suddenly realised that there was a FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT IN EXTRA TIME THAT WENT IN!

As soon as Wallace hit it, it was very obvious that it was perfectly struck.. hopeless commentary!

C.P

Juniors
The race caller was ordinary sounded like he was at Eagle Farm, and Ikin well everybody knows his form.
Ikin obviously has plenty of mates round the place in the media to keep him in a job and look out for him, I dont know their connection to him because I dont listen that often but I was listening to Talkin Sport on the radio this arvo and some bloke rang in talking about the Broncos commentary last night, when he said this Alan commentator should go back to race calling Hughes and his mates laughed it up and agreed but then the caller went on to say Ikin was rubbish and that calling Qld Cup was the limit of his abilities, they quickly said thanks for your call John (or whatever his name was) and ended the call and started talking about something else. Pals with Ikin too im guessing????

innsaneink

Referee
I shut my eyes and it sounded like AFL commentary....
Though I'd heard that race callers voice from somewhere before

C.P

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I shut my eyes and it sounded like AFL commentary....
Though I'd heard that race callers voice from somewhere before

It was AFL commentary, I distinctly remember at one point in the first half Hodges (I think) caught the ball and he said 'Hodges goes up to take the mark....." :x

Latest posts