What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immature Ray is hurt by Fatty's comments

Brutus

Referee
I had to put on Ray's show to hear his response to Fatty's spray on the Footy Show. Ray sure knows how to hurt a man - write a couple of little baby tunes calling Fatty "Fat and Hairy". A three year old could do better.:lol:

Ray's TV career career failed miserably and he hasn't recovered. But I guess he's popular on radio with the brain dead and over 60's, so I'll give him that.

Well that's my Continuous Call Fix for the year :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Come on brutus.
What was wrong with his Optus vision show "Talking league with Raaaaaaay Hadley"

tiger_nick

Bench
Ray Hadely makes more then double what the entire panel on the footy show would make in a year. I dare say he isn't too concerned about what they said.

shiznit

Coach
i disagree... ive always liked fatty. always shows passion for QLD and Manly. always makes me crack up how he totally ignores and rubbishes the warriors. classic... im not really sure about ray hadlee as i really havent seen or heard him before, but Sterlo and Gus from channel 9 for me are two of the best brains in league coverage. sure Gus always pisses you off with some of his comments but wipe away all the agendas and he has a real good football brain.

t-ba

Post Whore
tiger_nick said:
Ray Hadely makes more then double what the entire panel on the footy show would make in a year. I dare say he isn't too concerned about what they said.

In regards to this fued, I am of the opinion he has always come off looking as the smaller man. Just my opinion though...

tiger_nick said:

Then why go to the trouble and expense of having one of those stupid songs recorded? If he wasn't concerned he would have ignored it... Makes him seem petty and thin-skinned.

As far as I'm concerned Paul Vautin is a bit of a tool but at least he isn't destructive to the game - he shows passion for it - can't say the same about Ray... it's all about him.

Unless things have changed in the many years since I listened to him does he ever say anything positive and constructive about RL or is he still dragging the game's reputation through the mud?

Brutus

Referee
tiger_nick said:

Sorry pal, but his ego is massive and it doesn't take much to put a dent in it.

This is one subject that hurts him bad. Why else would he spend so much time denegrating Sterling and Vautin over the years? He was a TV failure.

Brutus

Referee
From listening to the first hour of Ray's rubbish today I am of the opinion he is a mouthpiece for the NRL/News LTD and I can see why the league is quite happy to award exclusive rights to Hadley and 2GB.

Hadley tore strips through a guy who dare suggest the salary cap be tinkered with and another guy, who said that league would be doing much better if it didn't have News LTD ripping 8 million out of the coffers every year order to pay back the SuperLeague debt.

He even went as far to suggest that News pour in far more keeping the Storm, Cowboys and Broncos afloat and if it wasn't for their invlovement those clubs would be dead. The Storm would be for sure, but does this bloke seriously think the Broncos would fold?? He has no idea.

Who would have thought that Ray would be pushing the News agenda/cause after his pro-ARL stance all those years ago. Somebody should print some of his anti-News comments back in the 90's.

The rest of Ray's show was all about the panel and nothing about the football. This is obviously what David Gallop is more comfortable with - at least he knows the serious issues aren't being discussed.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I used to tune in online every weekend when Wilkins was the 2GB league man

Have been back 3 times since Hadley got it, and it has been worse every time

stuke

Bench
tiger_nick said:

on a purely $$$ per minute of work I'd say Fatty would have it all over Ray.

Brutus

Referee
broncos_are_the_best said:
The broncos were being kept afloat by news limited unntil two years ago when we started making a profit.

The Broncos have never been in financial strife...ever.

Hadley is kidding himself...again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hadley is still cut after getting dumped from the footy show, the guy spends he's days with Bozo. Nuff said.