What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immortals

Nuke

Staff member
NRL changed the format to be solely journos on the selection panel, I think.

But I suspect your question was mostly rhetoric in nature, in which case, I whole-heartedly agree with you.

On a different tangent, I'm starting to feel like the Immortals concept is losing its prestige a bit. And that is in no way a slight on any of the players inducted into that category. When it started, it was 4 Immortals. The greatest players of the post-war era. For a long time, it was just them. Then there were more added, then not too long later, more added, then not too long after that, more were added again. I think I read that they will induct a new Immortal every 4 or 5 years now. It's not the exclusive club that it used to be. That is more 'Hall Of Fame' kinda prestige, which is a high enough honour in its own right.

I dunno. I might be alone in this way of thinking, and fair enough if that's the way it is, but I do miss the days where the Immortals were head-and-shoulders above even the Hall Of Famers, which I don't necessarily think it's the case these days.

Latest posts