What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impact of Behind the Scenes Doco's

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Over the weekend I realised the effect that a good behind the scenes doco can have on a sport. I was out walking with my wife, who has little interest in sports, when she started talking about NFL of all sports. Not only was she naming teams, but particular players and various details about last season. I then realised that she had been watching the 'Quarterbacks' doco on Netfix and she is hooked, shes started researching teams and players on the net and is looking forward to watching some games when the season starts.
Now I'm not saying she is going to become a fully fledged NFL fan, most likely she'll last 20mins of the first game and get bored. But the point is that this is the way to promote your sport, you need to promote the characters so people will invest, just look at the surge in F1 popularity since the 'Drive to Survive' series.
This brings me to the NRL and some of the half baked attempts at this, also the fact that there were people trying to do one on Origin but hurdles kept being put in the way. Surely if we are looking at new markets this is a way to promote the sport, especially into a market like the US.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Drive to survive has been massive for F1.
Would be great to get Netflix to do a NRL one, there's enough drama for sure!