What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imported Beers- do you spend the extra money?

Do you/ Would you spend extra for imported beer?

• Yes

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No- come on, it's just beer!

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stella's are jusy about the only beer i can actually stomach... so yes id spend extra for imported

Thou im partial to coldies and extra dry

bartman

Immortal
They don't import my type of beer. I haven't found a "bottled beer" that I like and is workth the extra price.

J-Man

Juniors
suck.becks.jpg

Becks is the greatest. Yes, yes!

Lego_Man

First Grade
Beer is so much cheaper in New Zealand than it is in Australia - i don't know what's the go. You can get a 12 pack of Heineken here for under 20 bucks (NZ) at the supermarket if it's on special.

Edit: Yeah, my two favourites would have to be Heineken and Becks, but Becks gets the edge because it isn't brewed here (our Heineken is brewed locally).

Knightmare

Coach
B-dos said:
Some people think they look cool or classy if they drink imported beers.

That's exactly what I'm starting to think. Honestly, I think the reason I've drunk so much XXXX Gold this year is because it's a) refreshing b) a beer which is really easy to scull c) readily available wherever you go and d) it's cheap!

Knightmare

Coach
J-Man said:
suck.becks.jpg

Becks is the greatest. Yes, yes!

:LOL: Yeah I heard that they had that ad on a billboard outside Old Trafford when Becks played for United. On saying that, if I'm thirsty, I'll always remembera great beer before I remember a great advertising campaign. Not even Carlton Draught's recent attempt can stop me buying Tooheys.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have no problem with cheap beer tbh. I drink Speights which is an NZ beer. And Tuborg which is kind of a fake/cheap imported Danish beer I guess. Although sometimes I drink Macs which is a more expensive NZ beer.

Dani

Immortal
I drank Coronas last night at a party and i think i have found a new love.

Bazal

Post Whore
I will, but I prefer Cascade, Boags and Coopers if I'm paying a bit extra. Most places Cascade and Boags are a similar price to the imports and taste a sh!tload better. But I love my Guinness, Kilkenny and Murphies as well.

Alba

Coach
depends if im in a beer mood .. if i am ill most of the time have a Coldie but if i dont feel like that i will get a corona .. they are nice :)

choc_soldier

Coach
VB was the only beer available at the cricket today. One of those days where you were glad that you nominated yourself as the designated driver.