What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Improving The Forum Sevens

Anonymous

Juniors
btw, I said this in the Mgt Forum but it should be here as well.

The player of the year awards.
Its a new initiative that's already been tossed around before.

The idea was that we have 3-2-1 points given to the top 3 players each round...this is decided by the referee's points.
At the end of the season, LU will have first second and third prizes... not sure what yet but it'll be pretty good.

It would have to end at the completion of the rounds and not include the semis.

Then I suggest we have a player of the series... another prize. Could be the same person as the player of the year but that doesnt matter.

We just need someone to manage it.

Would love to have a prize for the winning team but that would be very difficult... how would it be divided up? I'm all ears if someone has a suggestion in this area.

Zef

Juniors
Willow said:
LOL... thank heavens for that... I thought it was only me. :lol:

So you can read then. And the answer is....

I'm telling you, the Punters loved the idea before. And What do you intend doing with the Bullsh.t lovers anyway? Is there no place in your heart for them?

... and where the hell did you get the idea that ignorance is honourable?

Anonymous

Juniors
Zef, ofcourse there'll be some sort of Virtual Cup at the end. But there's always been a number of things to sort out first.

The object of the F7s is to enjoy it for what it is and that means writing about Rugby League. Now please feel free to join a team and play.... if thats what you want. If you don't wish to join a team, then thats up to you.

I think I've managed to respond to just about every query. But with respect, I really haven't got the time to go into everything... epecially with someone who seems to have no intention of participating in the competition.

Zef

Juniors
Willow said:
epecially with someone who seems to have no intention of participating in the competition.

Well that's simply not true Willow so I guess it's just another thing you always seem to get wrong about me.

I've been asked to and I will play if there's a bullsh.t allowance. I simply can't type out match reports or stories on a home for the Dogs week after week as I just haven't got enough facts in me. However, if Punters are allowed to spin a yarn or two like "The Great Flying Wedge POW Breakout of 1942" etc etc than I can go on and on all day.

BUT, many Punters have a problem with bullsh.tters as it devalues the work of researchers and fact staters - and that's fair-enough too. So what's the ruling? Can you spin bullsh.t or not? And if you can't are you gonna have a home for the bullsh.t lovers or not.

Which sorta brings me right back to the original question... The Cup, Willow?

Anonymous

Juniors
Zef, its like this. I'm just the bloke who is trying to get the show on the road. If I like an idea, I'll support it but I'm no different from anyone in that regard. At the end of the day, its up the the general consensus. I know this is a new concept to you but thats the way it is.

If you are a participant in the F7s and you have an idea, go ahead and float it... you never know where it'll take you.
If you don't get any response or the reaction is luke warm... there's a fair chance that it hasn't got legs.

The Bullshit Cup or whatever you've hounding on about hasn't been getting any reaction at all. You're the only one who seems to be sold on the idea. I assume its something to do with marking non-RL essays... that is, giving people an opportunity to write about anything they like. I'm not saying it's a crap idea but currently, we just want to get the F7s up and running. If your idea has support and if there's time, the BS thing may get a look-in in 2004. So at best, it'll have to wait till then when the numbers are up.

Well that's simply not true Willow so I guess it's just another thing you always seem to get wrong about me.
Well forgive me for assuming that you were just loitering. The hallmarks have been there for quite some time now.

Which team are you thinking of joining?

I've already answered your question about the Cup.

Zef

Juniors
You're f*****' unreal Willow.

This... this.... ..... persecution! is unprecedented in scope and... and... .... prejudicial! Yes! Prejudicial in it's execution!

So to keep it simple:

Can you write a 750 word fictional story about RL or does it have to be based on fact

Or

Are you gonna have something else to cater for bullsh.t lovers... Like the

Anonymous

Juniors
You make it hard to take you seriously... explain yourself and people listen. Currently, the words, 'high maintenance' spring to mind.

Up until now you've just gone on about the Bullshit Lovers Cup or something.. I'm not a bloody mind reader. You're under this misconception that everyone shares your head space.

If you're referring to Lampoons.. ie essays like the one Gorilla did last year then I personally have no problem with it. Its one of those bridges that we'll cross when we come to it. It's hardly a major issue.

Now was there answer to my previous post or are you the only one with all the questions?

Zef

Juniors
Yeah - lampooning, I call it bullsh.tting but fair enough.

And what was I supposed to answer - seriously? What was the question?

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
legend said:
I don't want to tread on anyone's toes here so if I am being too intrusive just tell me to back off and i'll take the hint.

I think some prime time advertising will see the sevens reach heights previously not thought possible.

I think one management forum for captains and management commitee to post in only (i.e private forum) would be a good way to keep arguments to a bare minimum.

You could run polls to vote on judiciary members and management committee to have it as democratic as possible.

Transparency is the key IMO and so long as evrything is kept out in the open then there should be no major issues.
Prime Time advertising in what ways?

Anonymous

Juniors
Leagueumlimited now has some great new banners on the front page:

Top banner (every 2nd or 3rd click):

forum_sev.jpg

Plus a banner down the page:

forum_sev_mini.jpg

Thanks Eli. :)