What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In case you Didn't get it / see it

brooksy19

Bench
Per members email.

"Dear Wests Tigers Member,

Let me begin by saying I totally understand many of you are concerned and somewhat confused by recent media reports regarding our Club. There is no question that it has been an unsettling week for all of us who love Wests Tigers.

I wish I could have given our perspective on things earlier however we have been committed to a process of review which has really only now started to take shape.

2012 has been a challenging year.

Whilst two of our teams will proudly take their place on Grand Final day this Sunday, we accept that we are ultimately judged by our performances in the top grade.

There is no hiding from the fact that our NRL performances this year were very disappointing and we are all hurting because of it.

At Wests Tigers, we are a results-driven organisation and performance reviews are part and parcel of how we operate on an annual basis.

We have been working hard to review all facets of our operation. We are determined to find ways to improve our performance, both on and off the field.

There has been plenty of speculation in the media about a number of things including the future of our Head Coach as well as contractual issues with various players.

Whilst there are many positives in being a popular Club with high profile identities, on this occasion the speculation on these issues has been very unhelpful but it is obviously something beyond our control.

As I have stated publicly already, the Club made a decision not to act hastily on such important matters as these.

We are only concerned about achieving the best possible outcomes for our Club. The fact that it has taken a little longer than some people would have liked is simply a consequence of our determination to get it right.

Having now gone through a very thorough process, I can advise you that the Board of Wests Tigers has decided to restructure the Club’s Football operations. This restructure will include the appointment of a new NRL Coach for 2013.

A sub-committee has been formed which will lead the process of selection and appointment. This process will commence immediately.

The Board has also expressed a strong desire for current Head Coach Tim Sheens to remain at the Club in a senior role.

I have been working with Tim on this over the last few days and I must say that he has been very professional in the way he has conducted himself. In all of our discussions Tim continues to put the best interests of Wests Tigers above all else.

We have been very privileged to have someone of Tim’s calibre and standing in the game as our Head Coach for the past decade. He is the major reason why our Club is now in significantly better shape than when he found it in 2003.

He led us to our first Premiership success in 2005. We will never forget that defining achievement for our Club. For all of these things, we are forever indebted to him.

In relation to player issues, it is with regret that I confirm to you that Chris Heighington will be leaving the Club.

As sometimes happens in professional sport, Chris received a very generous offer from a rival Club.

After considering his options, Chris requested a release from the final year of his Wests Tigers contract in order to accept this offer. Out of respect for Chris and everything he has done for our Club, we decided to grant him his request.

Chris has been an outstanding Clubman, very popular amongst his team-mates as well as our Members and we will all miss him dearly.

I can also confirm that Beau Ryan has advised us that he will be joining the Cronulla Sharks from 2013.

We were surprised and disappointed to hear of Beau’s decision. It certainly wasn’t our preference. Beau knows that we wanted him at our Club for the next three years but ultimately he has made his decision. We thank him for his whole hearted commitment and contribution to Wests Tigers.

We wish Chris and Beau every success for the next phase of their respective careers.

Our Captain Robbie Farah is off contract at the end of next year and you will be pleased to know that the Club has already commenced discussions with him about a new deal. Robbie is a vital member of our Club and it is our highest priority to secure his ongoing services beyond next season.

For his part, Robbie loves Wests Tigers and I know his strong preference will be to remain at our Club.

You will also be pleased to know that Benji Marshall is looking forward to a big year in 2013.

Benji has expressed his sadness at losing a couple of the team’s popular members. I know that from speaking with Benji that he is fully committed to our Club and is determined to do everything he can to deliver success to us all in 2013.

I hope you find this information helpful for you to understand some of the things currently going on at our Club. I’ll endeavour to keep you well informed in the future.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your great support of Wests Tigers. All of us at the Club, including the players and coaches, greatly appreciate your decision to become a Member and we hope that you continue your Membership next year and beyond.

I would also like to thank the many of you who have already renewed your Membership for 2013. We were overwhelmed with your support on the first day of our 2013 “It’s My Life” Membership drive.

I’m thrilled to tell you that yesterday’s Membership sign ups were more than double our first day results from any previous years.

That tells me that despite all of the understandable concerns that many of you have had, your support for our Club has never been stronger.

I would like to congratulate Alan Bryant, Grant Thomas and Vincent O’Malley for renewing their Membership yesterday and in so doing all have won an invitation for themselves and four guests to attend the NRL Members Grand Final party and the filming of the Channel Footy Show this Thursday evening. Look out for more great prizes on offer throughout this week.

In closing, I wanted to say how excited we all are with the depth of talent emerging from our development program. In a remarkable year, the Balmain SG Ball side were crowned Premiers for the first time in 30 years, Wests Tigers has reached the Grand Final of the NYC competition, as has one of our NSW Cup teams, Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers.

The quality of talent amongst these teams and right across our pathways is the envy of other rival Clubs.

Let’s cheer on our boys this Sunday and we look forward to your continued support."

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Humphreys
Chief Executive Officer

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Message to Benji and all players and supporters of the Wests Tigers.

An important part of the email from Stephen Humphreys
"We were surprised and disappointed to hear of Beau’s decision. It certainly wasn’t our preference. Beau knows that we wanted him at our Club for the next three years but ultimately he has made his decision. We thank him for his whole hearted commitment and contribution to Wests Tigers."

Do you get it? Beau walked out on his team mates and his supporters. He wasn't axed.

The way he went about it has sure caused a lot of disruption and high emotions amongst those who truly care about the club.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was the lack of physical contract combined with both Heighno moving on and B. Gibbs nattering in his ear about getting screwed over that made him choose the path he did.

In the end it was his choice and the only thing which would make me happier is if Moltzen was in on the deal

BuffaloRules

Coach
"
We were surprised and disappointed to hear of Beau’s decision. It certainly wasn’t our preference. Beau knows that we wanted him at our Club for the next three years but ultimately he has made his decision. We thank him for his whole hearted commitment and contribution to Wests Tigers."

Do you get it? Beau walked out on his team mates and his supporters. He wasn't axed.

Reading between the lines, the money was agreed, and then the Management offered him less when it was time for the deal to be done..

Radical Rat

Juniors
I actually think it's a decent statement from Humphrey's.

I'm just pumped that things are actually changing.

The way I see it, next year could possibly be a lean year. But we're loading up to make some major moves in the player market for 2014 and beyond.

Humpty said:
Our Captain Robbie Farah is off contract at the end of next year and you will be pleased to know that the Club has already commenced discussions with him about a new deal. Robbie is a vital member of our Club and it is our highest priority to secure his ongoing services beyond next season

But today:
ROBBIE Farah's management have been left stunned by an open letter from Wests Tigers, which claimed the club had commenced fresh negotiations to keep its skipper beyond next year.

Farah’s agent Sam Ayoub has today told thetelegraph.com.au there had been no talks with Tigers officials.

"That came as news to me and Robbie," Ayoub said.

"The Tigers have had no contact with us about extending Robbie’s contract.

"We’re comfortable there will be talks in the near future, but as yet we’ve heard nothing."

Tigers CEO Steve Humphreys sent an email to Tigers members yesterday afternoon, just hours after Tim Sheens was officially axed as head coach.

"Our captain Robbie Farah is off-contract at the end of next year and you will be pleased to know the club has commenced discussions about a new deal," Humphreys wrote.

The e-mail described Farah’s signature as "our highest priority" – indicating just how hard the Tigers are determined to fight-off advances from rival clubs.

With Ricky Stuart now at the helm, Parramatta are expected to come into significant contention for Farah's services.

Whoever is appointed Tigers coach will have a massive impact on his future.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/reports-of-fresh-talks-news-to-farah/story-fndujljl-1226481927558

Someone is telling porkies.

moller

Juniors
Not really - 'commenced discussions' probably just means they've discussed it at board level.

macnaz

Staff member
Sam Ayoub . Theres a name u can trust.
Anyway if Robbie wants to play games like Benji they can f**k right off!!. Im happy to watch a team of players come last altho knowing they are here for the club and trying their best. I enjoyed watching this club build a side ,win lose or draw , but if it comes down to players wanting to piss on fans because they think they are better than the club and supporters well im happy to see them go.

macnaz

Staff member
Adding to that.. Grow the f**k up Robbie and if you dispute what has been said in the papers and emails etc take it up with the people writing it and give the teenage social media BS a miss. FFS keeep ya f**king shit inhouse and do what you are all paid to do...Play football!

Tiger05

First Grade
Anyway if Robbie wants to play games like Benji they can f**k right off!!. Im happy to watch a team of players come last altho knowing they are here for the club and trying their best. I enjoyed watching this club build a side ,win lose or draw , but if it comes down to players wanting to piss on fans because they think they are better than the club and supporters well im happy to see them go.

I don't think Benji has been playing games.

In saying that if either of them are playing games well they can both f**k off. I want them both at the Tigers for life but not any of their bullshit.

meltiger

First Grade

Adding to that.. Grow the f**k up Robbie and if you dispute what has been said in the papers and emails etc take it up with the people writing it and give the teenage social media BS a miss. FFS keeep ya f**king shit inhouse and do what you are all paid to do...Play football!

There was a quote from Rob in there?

Must be going blind...

I still don't see why the media are making a big deal about Sticky being this tremendous lure to convince Robbie to cross to that scum? He is no longer SOO coach.

macnaz

Staff member
Well from His manager who im sure is always in touch with Robbie. Being captain you would expect him to keep these things inhouse and causing the least amount of friction within the club.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Sam Ayoub does this all the time.
He is the player manager for the vast majority of the high profile players.
Remember, he gets a % of whatever Robbie gets, so its in Ayoub's best interests to drive up Robbie's contract.

This was just an excuse for him to get his name in the paper talking about a high profile client and reminding other club exec's that Robbie is open to negotiations.

Its hardly fair to blame Robbie for the actions of his manager. Who is actually just doing his job.

Incidentally, did we see that the Roosters have signed Quade Cooper?
Looks like Mitch is on the outer and he would be a great player to wear number 7 for us.

I know he's not the greatest player on the planet, but he's an organiser, has a great kicking game and has strong family links to the club. And the fact that he's had so many chances at Origin means that a lot of senior people see a lot of potential in him.

Also - my 2c worth (or is that 5c now?) I want Folkes to coach the club, but Im happy with virtually anyone, including my 4 year old Son, provided its not Simmons.

moller

Juniors
There's two stories within 24 hrs, the second of which Ayoub confirms that Humphreys has been in touch and they're waiting on the 2014 salary cap details before proceeding.
Another beatup from Dean Ritchie, read his shit at your own peril.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Sam Ayoub does this all the time.
He is the player manager for the vast majority of the high profile players.
Remember, he gets a % of whatever Robbie gets, so its in Ayoub's best interests to drive up Robbie's contract.

This was just an excuse for him to get his name in the paper talking about a high profile client and reminding other club exec's that Robbie is open to negotiations.

Its hardly fair to blame Robbie for the actions of his manager. Who is actually just doing his job.

Incidentally, did we see that the Roosters have signed Quade Cooper?
Looks like Mitch is on the outer and he would be a great player to wear number 7 for us.

I know he's not the greatest player on the planet, but he's an organiser, has a great kicking game and has strong family links to the club. And the fact that he's had so many chances at Origin means that a lot of senior people see a lot of potential in him.

Also - my 2c worth (or is that 5c now?) I want Folkes to coach the club, but Im happy with virtually anyone, including my 4 year old Son, provided its not Simmons.

I haven't seen any confirmation that Quade Cooper has signed with the Roosters?

However I totally agree that Mitchell Pearce would be an outstanding buy for the Tigers. He's exactly what we need.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I haven't seen any confirmation that Quade Cooper has signed with the Roosters?

However I totally agree that Mitchell Pearce would be an outstanding buy for the Tigers. He's exactly what we need.

I've heard Cooper has re-signed with the R.U mob. Didnt Pierce previously say he didnt want to play in the same team as his father due to extra pressure ad expectations?

Latest posts