What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In New Zealand they call him Mullins.

perverse

Referee
yeah, i probably agree with that. I think we probably do both agree on the others points.. just which has made the most difference perhaps. at least we nutted it out, and now everyone can read it and know more about football than their friends. hah.

i've had quite a few celebratories tonight, also.

Hanscholo

Bench
This is the wanker that spells the word try....t-r-y

You have to excuse him, he learnt the trade from graeme hughes, and he is also from NZ. Its a nasty combination.

Yosh

Coach
Don't know why RABK is calling our style the "Rick Stone" style...

Traditionally, over the last couple of years, we've had better backs than forwards. So in the Stone years, we'd spread the ball early because our forwards would get smashed or drop it. It was out of neccessity more than anything.

The difference now is that we are playing to our strengths. The result is the same. We spread the ball early to our backs but now it's not out of neccessity but because that's where our strenghts lie... I'm not sure if I'm explanining myself properly.

Another example I'd like to provide is the 40/20 attempt by Mullen tonight. In years gone by, our forwards would make no metres so Mullen would chuck a hail mary and sometimes the 40/20 would pull off and he'd be really happy about it etc.

HOWEVER, now he isn't chucking a hail mary. He was dissapointed it didn't work out. He had planned ahead and the plan was to actually get the 40/20... It wasn't trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat play. The attitude is different. We look like a team in control and when our team improves and we do bring in some great players, Mullen is gonna look like a superstar.

I'm personally very happy Mullen is playing well.

Rolla

Juniors
The 'Rick Stone' game plan didn't have the set plays and decoys this one has. Or the goal line 'D'.

The expansive looking style (and RABK you are spot on, we look more expansive) has something to do with what Yosh said about our backs being our strength, what Perverse said about commitment, confidence and our players developing as a team and understanding Bennett's plays.
Thats my oppinion anyway.

At the end of the day, whatever it is, i hope it is hear to stay. Even if it is a mutiny or revolt lead by Rick Stone and the player group... lol

doggone

Juniors
Who cares what style, the boys are just getting into form, better to be in form at the back of the Comp.
Tia and Mullen were sure missed pronounced.

K-Man

Bench
When the team rest of the team has a dig, he shines. He's not the leader to pick the team up and carry them on his shoulders like Johns was, but when left to his own devices in a machine that is functioning, he is fantastic. It's that simple for mine. It's really all I've had to say on the matter, and all I will say on the matter now. I get baited into way too many stupid discussions on this one.

His haters will wait until he has another bad game, though (usually when the rest of the team doesn't really put in), and we'll have another argument about him all over again. Looking forward to it.

I will say that he's been working on his short kicking all year, and it looks like it's beginning to bare some fruit for us, which is awesome.

I'm definitely one of his detractors, so it's only fair to admit he has been pretty awesome lately.

Finally seeing some results out of his short kicking game. I still don't think it should take seven years of first grade to learn how to grubber a ball into the in-goal, but putting that aside he appears to have improved this aspect of his game and I'm really happy to see it.

He's looked composed and confident the last 2 weeks.

K-Man

Bench
Feel a bit like two guys arguing over why our girlfriends suddenly decided to try anal - who gives a f**k... let's just enjoy it!

(Good analogy?)

Oh somebody stop me.

Pun of the week for mine :D Why do we not have POTW points?

K-Man

Bench
Sounds like the correct pronunciation of the surname of the bloke who usually has his name butchered as "Tay-arr" or some such by whichever Johnny Aussiepants is in the comm-box.

And Mullins?

It's disgraceful, lazy journalism not to know the name of a player who has been around for years.

I can easily forgive a slip of the tongue, but having to listen to it every single time he touched the ball was just plain annoying and completely ridiculous for any professional sports commentary team.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
And Mullins?

It's disgraceful, lazy journalism not to know the name of a player who has been around for years.

I can easily forgive a slip of the tongue, but having to listen to it every single time he touched the ball was just plain annoying and completely ridiculous for any professional sports commentary team.

I don't disagree. Forget unprofessional, Husband is mentally geniused.

Doesn't change the fact that Zeb "Tie-Arr" has also been around for many years and only Husband pronounces his name correctly.

Brando

Juniors
Husband is not the leader of disgraceful, lazy journalism and not knowing the name of a player who has been around for years....that award goes to Ray Hadley!

Lynoman

Bench
Just watching the replay, I found where Mullen got the extra s from, they keep call Tyrone, Robert.

Latest posts