What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In support of Ricky Stuart

NagesJnr

Juniors
Just wanted to officially throw my support behind our coach.

This is not an attack on any of the criticisms aimed at him on this forum. I think that’s all healthy and I even agree with some of it. Certainly I cannot see the value in Corey Hughes.

However, there is a big difference between watching players play, and coaching them. Face to face, there can be so many subtleties involved, and perhaps Corey will start to deliver tonight. Perhaps not.

But to me, I really believe Ricky can get us there. He’s a winner. He is resolute, and creates teams. That takes time. This year has been a huge disappointment so far, but you simply can’t separate the performances on the field from the injuries, suspensions, player losses and yes, in my opinion, refereeing that seems to mostly go against us at the moment.

With a new, full team on board, we were always going to take a little while to gel this year. With all of the above, it’s little wonder we’re struggling.

From a guy who’s hated every minute of the last 5 games – and in honesty didn’t really love the first 80 minutes either – I still think Ricky’s got what it takes.

I expect us to start winning. I expect Barrett and Buster to be one of the best halves combinations in the game by the year end.

I know none of this is new news, but wanted say it none the less. And before a game rather and after our first win in a while.

Regardless, I expect Ricky will win us a premiership.

Go the Sharkies.

Let the lambasting begin.

redback

Bench

This is not an attack on any of the criticisms aimed at him on this forum. I think that’s all healthy and I even agree with some of it. Certainly I cannot see the value in Corey Hughes.

However, there is a big difference between watching players play, and coaching them. Face to face, there can be so many subtleties involved, and perhaps Corey will start to deliver tonight. Perhaps not.

But to me, I really believe Ricky can get us there. He’s a winner. He is resolute, and creates teams. That takes time. This year has been a huge disappointment so far, but you simply can’t separate the performances on the field from the injuries, suspensions, player losses and yes, in my opinion, refereeing that seems to mostly go against us at the moment.

With a new, full team on board, we were always going to take a little while to gel this year. With all of the above, it’s little wonder we’re struggling.

From a guy who’s hated every minute of the last 5 games – and in honesty didn’t really love the first 80 minutes either – I still think Ricky’s got what it takes.

I expect us to start winning. I expect Barrett and Buster to be one of the best halves combinations in the game by the year end.

I know none of this is new news, but wanted say it none the less. And before a game rather and after our first win in a while.

Go the Sharkies.

Good post mate, even though I disagree. Absolutely no dramas with people posting an opinion. Thats what this place is for.

Hopefully the Sharks get up tonight.

Eion

First Grade
Good post Nages - keep the dream alive. I concur with just about all that.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Go the Sharkies.

Thats is all just plain old simple common sense mate & rational thinking based on fact. Well done.

Since 73

First Grade
We will hit this game like a Grand final tonite.

Wouldn't matter who we played tonite they will feel the full force of a team and a coach who've had a f**kin' nuff and need to take it out on someone.

The red and green merkins are just unlucky to be the ones in the firing line.

Gal and the boys will win this one for Sticky no matter what it takes.

Gonna enjoy watchin' this tonite - cannot wait.

we Will Hit This Game Like A Grand Final Tonite.

Wouldn't Matter Who We Played Tonite They Will Feel The Full Force Of A Team And A Coach Who've Had A F**kin' Nuff And Need To Take It Out On Someone.

The Red And Green Merkins Are Just Unlucky To Be The Ones In The Firing Line.

Gal And The Boys Will Win This One For Sticky No Matter What It Takes.

Gonna Enjoy Watchin' This Tonite - Cannot Wait.

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
Yep, you got that right, SSB, time to drag out all the same threads from last year, and the year before, and the year before......

NagesJnr

Juniors
It's certainly more a head than heart problem I reckon. The fragile confidence of the team is palpable... and the smallest setback takes all the wind from their sails almost immediately.

We need a win to get our confidence back, we will struggle to win without confidence.

DJDL

Bench
It's certainly more a head than heart problem I reckon. The fragile confidence of the team is palpable... and the smallest setback takes all the wind from their sails almost immediately.

We need a win to get our confidence back, we will struggle to win without confidence.

That's true. You can see how poor their body language is every time a call goes against them. They are dropping their bundle far too quickly at the moment.

imasharkie

Coach

Go the Sharkies.

HEAR HEAR :clap:

It is not new news Nages but you put it out there and made this old heart beat again.........thanks

millersnose

Post Whore
ricky was out coached again last night
our weaknesses were exploited to the full

we exploited none of theirs

Latest posts