What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In the Souths game, what's the ruling on....

rugged

Juniors
I always thought the rule if someone got taken out while doing a kick is that the penalty is taken from where the kick landed.

In the last play before extra time in tonight's game Sths v Cowbs, the kicker was taken out and they went to the video ref. They then took the penalty kick from where the taking out incident occured and the kick didn't go out.

Does anyone know what is the correct ruling?

thuganomics

Coach
Thats what i assumed aswell. I was confused as hell because Im sure Watts would of taken a shot from where the kick would of landed.

White Tiger

Juniors
They did take it from were it landed.

Wes Tillot put in a little grubber when he was taken out!

You guys are thinking of the kick Bryan Fletcher put in several seconds later... :!:

***MH***

Bench
rugged said:
I always thought the rule if someone got taken out while doing a kick is that the penalty is taken from where the kick landed.

In the last play before extra time in tonight's game Sths v Cowbs, the kicker was taken out and they went to the video ref. They then took the penalty kick from where the taking out incident occured and the kick didn't go out.

Does anyone know what is the correct ruling?
Ty Williams was penalised and reported for committing a High Tackle on the kicker, not for taking the kicker out...
if Ty was a little later in his effort, you would have seen it move down field.

Latest posts