What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indentify this jersey

interest88

Juniors
Can anyone help with information regarding this Australian Jersey signed by
Reg Gasnier, Graeme Langlands & Johnny Raper.
How many were done
when they were done
Just anything at all
Thanx in advance
B0000377_zps7ac3c2f8.jpg

interest88

Juniors
More so about the signatures, as too when.
Has this been sighted before?
Surely there must be more than one.

interest88

Juniors
Not going to sell it at all sorry. just trying to find out a bit about it.
Have written to Johnny Raper who said that he can not remember when they were signed.
I would like to know how many with just these three signatures there are.

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
Not going to sell it at all sorry. just trying to find out a bit about it.
Have written to Johnny Raper who said that he can not remember when they were signed.
I would like to know how many with just these three signatures there are.

you could contact david middleton at the nrl, acka who posts on these forums might know his email address.

chuckling

Juniors
Any word on the framer's name?

should be a stamp on the back. I think i can help you if it is what i think it is...

Chuck

FundyDragon

Bench
you could contact david middleton at the nrl, acka who posts on these forums might know his email address.

This is good advice and a great jersey mate. How did you come about owning this jersey and what sort of dollars did you pay?

interest88

Juniors
This is good advice and a great jersey mate. How did you come about owning this jersey and what sort of dollars did you pay?
I won it at an auction I paid $300 plus 17% commission. About 18 months back. There was also a 1996 grand final jersey with manly & Saints jersey split down the middle with signatures of both sides. Thought of getting that as well but I don't want anything of Manly in my house HAHA it went for $250 plus commish.

interest88

Juniors
I wrote a letter to Mr J. Raper MBE & Mr Langlands, c/o the leagues club asking both if they remember signing jersey's, got a reply from Mr Raper MBE saying
"Regarding the Australian jersey there is no way I can recall how many jumpers I signed, but the signatures on the jumper are authentic."
That was cool.

chuckling

Juniors
Ok - good.

This jersey is one of about 15-20 that were signed by the three greats in 2001.

At the time i worked for Max Markson [the agent] and his company was engaged in producing big charity dinners that had auctions and silent auctions.

I can't recall the exact number but i remember we had 15-20 done at the same time. Reg signed all of his at his home [i got to take them, it was great!], Chook was represented by Max at the time, i believe he signed them at our office. I am pretty sure that we sent them out to Changa for him to sign.

These were then auctioned for charity over the course of the year.

I know this is one of them [well, 99%], because at the time we had only two framers that did the work, Simon's Framing, and Erik at South Sydney Framing.

Its been a long time since i have worked at Markson Sparks - i quit in 2002 - so i am unsure how to provide proof of all of this.

But that jersey is one of about 15-20. Its not particularly valuable right now, but i don't think resale value is at the top of your mind. At the risk of sounding insensitive, it is only going to increase in value... It is a great Dragon's collectors item. I remember at the time that i really wanted one, but had to settle for a cup of tea at Puff's house [again, that was great!].

Really interesting that it is still raising money for charity though... i think that is a nice aspect to the story. If i recall correctly, we did auction them all off that year... so i guess someone who bought it has donated it to another charity. Or they weren't all sold, and you were at a Markson Sparks event and Max found it behind his fridge after all these years.

Anyway, great item. Authentic, rare, and nice collectors item that will gather value over time.

Hope this helps!

interest88

Juniors
Hi Chuckling
That's great info thanks very much for that.
Much appreciated.
Must have been fun working for Max Markson!

interest88

Juniors
Okay what about this one, 1978 Kangaroo tour,
could it be Craig Young's?
This is not framed, it was in a box with perspect front & pinned to piece of wood.

CY_zpsd5b4d342.gif

Latest posts