What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

india- england 2nd test

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm watching it atm

who'd have thought after th first test match that India would fight back like this

very interesting interview with Andy Flower before the game, he's a real thinker

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there were apparently jelly beans sprouting from the outfield, as well as the pitch

not quite as bad as Ganguly and his cough lollies

at least they weren't rubbing jelly beans on the ball

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I'm watching it atm

who'd have thought after th first test match that India would fight back like this

very interesting interview with Andy Flower before the game, he's a real thinker

with the lack of preparation before series now and the fact the poms have Harmisson, Hoggard, Flintoff, Jones out ... you still suprised?

Watched alot of it (sick 4 y.o. boy sat night, so I watched the lot, God I love the cricket!!) India certainly got the rub of the green with the toss, decisions, etc but Eng just didn't have the bowling attack on this wicket to get the 20 wickets required against a batting attack which is first rate when they have aclimatised.

India look to have as good an opening pair as is going round. Jaffer esp. looks technically fantastic.

Is KP haveing a slump, relied on too much...? unlikely to continue me thinks..
Collingwood missing....?
Vaughn looked as good as I've seen him in 4 years.
Bell doesn't look like it at all atm.
Sidebottom the next Pom allrounder?
Tremlett looked OK. 6'9" would love Aus. wickets when he learns more.

JJ

Immortal
Chondricthyes said:
India certainly got the rub of the green with the toss, decisions, etc .

I understood Tendulkar and Ganguly both got horrific decisions from Taufel - might have been much worse for England if Taufel had got those two right

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Chondricthyes said:
with the lack of preparation before series now and the fact the poms have Harmisson, Hoggard, Flintoff, Jones out ... you still suprised?

Watched alot of it (sick 4 y.o. boy sat night, so I watched the lot, God I love the cricket!!) India certainly got the rub of the green with the toss, decisions, etc but Eng just didn't have the bowling attack on this wicket to get the 20 wickets required against a batting attack which is first rate when they have aclimatised.

India look to have as good an opening pair as is going round. Jaffer esp. looks technically fantastic.

Is KP haveing a slump, relied on too much...? unlikely to continue me thinks..
Collingwood missing....?
Vaughn looked as good as I've seen him in 4 years.
Bell doesn't look like it at all atm.
Sidebottom the next Pom allrounder?
Tremlett looked OK. 6'9" would love Aus. wickets when he learns more.

Collingwood and Pieterseon defo gone missing, so has Monty, Vaughan looks to have regained some fitness and form

the big improver for me is Tremlett, very impressive, although the wicket suited his bowling

JJ

Immortal
Dunno that Pieterson is in a slump or gone missing - have we forgotten the first test?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its only minor, maybe we're not giving Zaheer enough credit

he really has the poms struggling with his swing bowling atm

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pieterson hit 134 in the second innings of the first test, very big innings considering they only scored 280. And India did get 280 in the last innings. But if he fails England struggle.

Unfortunatley England's top 4 quicks are out, plus when you add that Freddie is quite handy with the bat they are big losses. But Tremlett does look very promising, and i think he's only 25. Plenty of time for improvment.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
I understood Tendulkar and Ganguly both got horrific decisions from Taufel - might have been much worse for England if Taufel had got those two right

Yet both Tendulkar and ESPECIALLY Ganguly were plumb earlier in their innings and were not given. If anything England were dudded of a few cruicial decisions, but in saying that India deserved to win.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Yet both Tendulkar and ESPECIALLY Ganguly were plumb earlier in their innings and were not given. If anything England were dudded of a few cruicial decisions, but in saying that India deserved to win.

yep and the Indian openers both had "plumbs" turned down.

...and India deserved to win..

KP does seem to mean a bit too much to the poms atm. Bell is causeing the added stress and you raelly have to have an opener going on through till the score is near 300.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Who was the other umpire (not Taufell)? It was like he was AFRAID to make a decision. Some of the "not outs" were ridiculous. Half of them were hotting middle stup FFS! KP is suffering from being asked to do too much. Vaughn is a piss poor no3 and half the time KP is coming in at 2/30..now as good as KP is, he can't do it all the time!

Latest posts