What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ING Cup Final - WA v QLD

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
The current score of this match is QLD 3/140 off 26 overs.
Run rate - 5.38

Batsmen out :
Maher - bowled; Harvey 46 (53)
Law - Caught Wates Bowled Harvey 50 (40)
Love - caught Hussey Bowled Edmondson 21 (37)

Current batsmen:
Perren 15* (38)
Philipson 0* (0)

Anonymous

Juniors
:lol: I can't beleive they won

Well at least it was at the expense of my most hated cricketer in Clinton Perren.

SirShire

First Grade
Just cant take to the Banana benders. Go the Warriors. That little shit Hauritz didn carry them all the way this time.

wittyz chick

Coach
Horry aint a lil sh*t he nearly carried them he bowled solidly and got wickets at crucial times...its more the QLD middle order collapsed

SirShire

First Grade
Yeah I cant stand Law!

Wittzy chick, read my post again. I didnt say that Hauritz was shit, but he is a shit! He gets under my skind like a number of players like Patel, Pathan, Ganguly, Kirsten etc. But they are shit!

Doctor

Bench
Didn't see the match, but on recent results it represents a massive turnaround. Just a couple of weeks ago the Queenslanders made 400+ against the same side, a 200+ run victory to the northern state.

Queensland had every reason to go into the match as clear favourites. It just goes to show that arrogance that comes with winning so much can hinder the chances of success.

Take Manly 1997, Parramatta 2001, the Roosters 2003 - whether they liked it or not, they had no reason to lose. Everything going for them, the stats to match, but all it takes is one poor day and the tea-party is over.

Rustay

Juniors
Ooh yeah! :mrgreen: Great stuff this game. I thought we were gone when Campbell got out because i thought his hitting late on may get us home. But Kade Harvey and Watesy were brilliant at the end. That six by Wates was 8)

Go Warriors! Woo!

CyberKev

Staff member
Oswin said:
Queensland had every reason to go into the match as clear favourites. It just goes to show that arrogance that comes with winning so much can hinder the chances of success.

Arrogance had nothing to do with it. The nature of the pitch and the structure of the sides for this game meant that it was always likely to be relatively tight.

Well done to the Warriors who held on strong when all looked lost, but there was a 99% likelihood that QLD would have won the game had James Hopes stayed fit to bowl out his remaining two overs.

Clinton Perrin is every slogging tailender's wet dream.

CyberKev