What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis- Remember him?

StormChaser

First Grade
I am so jacked off over the whole racism drama, it's all "Boo hoo Timana, Timana, Timana". Wtf? What about the person the "black merkin" comment was directed at? Where is the sympathy for him?
Why is he ignored in all this? Is it because he had the nads to not walk out on his team and instead go out there and annihilate the opposition and prove that he is a lot more than just the colour of his skin?
Is it because he stepped up again on the weekend, didn't need a week off training to recover from the slur, and then he actually played footy instead of trying to take his anger out on the other side with cheap shots?
Where is Gallop? Where is the NRL in this? Who's checking to make sure GI is actually coping with all the media attention he so loathes?

Bite my arse Gallop and your useless henchmen, he doesn't need anyone to hold his hand! He's doesn't need your bullsh*t, fake concern, he's man enough to deal with this on his own. Clearly.

Argghhh!

whats up doc

Juniors
I am so jacked off over the whole racism drama, it's all "Boo hoo Timana, Timana, Timana". Wtf? What about the person the "black merkin" comment was directed at? Where is the sympathy for him?
Why is he ignored in all this? Is it because he had the nads to not walk out on his team and instead go out there and annihilate the opposition and prove that he is a lot more than just the colour of his skin?
Is it because he stepped up again on the weekend, didn't need a week off training to recover from the slur, and then he actually played footy instead of trying to take his anger out on the other side with cheap shots?
Where is Gallop? Where is the NRL in this? Who's checking to make sure GI is actually coping with all the media attention he so loathes?

Bite my arse Gallop and your useless henchmen, he doesn't need anyone to hold his hand! He's doesn't need your bullsh*t, fake concern, he's man enough to deal with this on his own. Clearly.

Argghhh!

Yep, Inglis showed that he had much more character than Tahu.

A man is judged by his actions, not by what he says or purports to do.

little_aza

Juniors
I agree with you SC, everyone seems to forget the fact that while Johns' racism was in reference to an entire race, it was directed through Greg. Not only was his race discriminated against, it was an individual attack too. If anyone had reason to be angry last game it was him, not Timana Tahu.

Medders7

Juniors
And how about Tahu on the news crying "oh i'm having a meeting with HR and David Gallop."
Just another hack looking for his little moment in the sun. Well congratulations mate because you have it, and enjoy it. It's all you'll be remembered for. Atleast you'll be remembered now I guess.

adamkungl

Immortal
Inglis has more talent and heart in his little finger than sook Tahu does in his entire body.
After hearing Johns' comment, Inglis proved that he won't be shut down.
Tahu on the other hand bailed on his teammates and took a week off training.

StormChaser

First Grade
It's annoying me that Tahu is becoming the poster boy for the anti-racism lobby when in fact Inglis has done more for the cause just by his actions than Tahu could ever hope to do.

I can understand why Tahu was upset and my only gripe was that he should have sorted it out in camp with Johns.

The whole media darling approach has not helped his cause and Inglis has stayed quiet.

StormChaser

First Grade
The media that has built him up will start to tear him down when the weight of public opinion shifts. Personally I'm sick of hearing about him.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Inglis made his points clear through origin 2. He was upset. He did his talking both with controlled aggression through his fists and on the score sheet. Word to all peoples.... do not upset GI. He will not go NATO like Tahu did against the Knights, but he will fire up.

I seriously think Inglis will not be in the NRL for that many more years. Enjoy what we get to see of him for the moments I guess.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Yes we all remember Greg Inglis, hes the guy that bashed his girlfriend to protect her from herself.............................

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes we all remember Greg Inglis, hes the guy that bashed his girlfriend to protect her from herself.............................

I'd hardly throw stones when you're from the club that taught Greg Bird everything he knows.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
StormChaser - I think you'll find Timana and Greg are good friends off the pitch and do work for the same hostels in the same areas to support young aboriginal kids. Greg was pleased with Timana's actions. Why should Storm fans be critical of Timana and stand by Greg? They're unified throughout the mess. You really want to support Greg, you'd be supporting Timana, also.

Last edited:

StormChaser

First Grade
I could care less if they were bff's! My point is NOT about the relationship between Timana and Greg, it's about the total lack of any concern shown by Gallop and the NRL towards GI, and the fact that GI should be the face of tolerance and racial harmony as in my opinion he conducted himself much better, and did more for the cause then Timana did.
But of course Parra are the golden haired boys of the Telecrap and the NRL and the Storm are the devils incarnate, so we have Timana shoved down our throats and GI is totally forgotten about.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hmmm. You seem emotional about the issue. In perspective: Tahu made the stand. Tahu took the risk by leaving a representative team. Tahu put himself out there to be scrutinised by public opinion. Tahu made the cause. Without Tahu's actions there would be no cause.

Personally my understanding of the term "hero" is the one who takes a stand which differs to my understanding of the term "victim". It is not uncommon to present issues with the face of the hero, not the victim thus Tahu has become the face of racial tolerance - not GI. However, to say GI was the only victim is to personify and reduce racist comments to direct victim when all minorities are victimised. Thus in this context although the comment was aimed at GI, Tahu was also a victim. However, instead of remaining victimised Tahu took a stand. Good on him! I am sure GI and Tahu's bond will grow closer as a result of these actions and I fail to understand your intolerance of Timana for GI's sake.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
I'd hardly throw stones when you're from the club that taught Greg Bird everything he knows.

Thats your comeback????
I don't condone whatever happened between Greg Bird and Katie Milligan, but he isn't the one calling for Joey Johns to be rubbed out of the game.

Greg needs to go for a spin in his boat to clear his head.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Look Cronulla cannot even sort out race riots on the beach. Just leave sorting out racism in the NRL to others eh DJ. ;)

StormChaser

First Grade
Hmmm. You seem emotional about the issue. In perspective: Tahu made the stand. Tahu took the risk by leaving a representative team. Tahu put himself out there to be scrutinised by public opinion. Tahu made the cause. Without Tahu's actions there would be no cause.

Personally my understanding of the term "hero" is the one who takes a stand which differs to my understanding of the term "victim". It is not uncommon to present issues with the face of the hero, not the victim thus Tahu has become the face of racial tolerance - not GI. However, to say GI was the only victim is to personify and reduce racist comments to direct victim when all minorities are victimised. Thus in this context although the comment was aimed at GI, Tahu was also a victim. However, instead of remaining victimised Tahu took a stand. Good on him! I am sure GI and Tahu's bond will grow closer as a result of these actions and I fail to understand your intolerance of Timana for GI's sake.

*Shhhhhwwwwooooooosh*
That's the point going straight over your head. My issue is not with Timana, although my personal opinion is that he should have dealt with things differently, but my POINT is that the NRL have done f**k all in regards to this issue where GI is concerned! THe only reason they are even making the right noises at all is because of the public way Timana went about his grievance.
At the end of the day I have nothing against Tahu, good on him and good luck to him. I just wish GI wasn't forgotten in all of this. I'm sure it's not something his mum is gonna forget in a hurry.