What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

johns_reds

First Grade
wow! if we pick up inglis that would be awesome, Would be an awesome centre pairing, as long as we didn't lose any youngsters over it, But with falou gone next year you'd think that inglis would chew up all of that cap space + with changes to the cap next year (outside payments) im sure we could afford him.

Broncos93

Juniors
Given we are one of 3 clubs reportedly well under the cap (with Sharks and Knights)

That sounds a bit odd to me :S

I heard we were one of the favourites to be done next for salary cap breaches. We already had a minor one a few weeks ago.

AuDragon

Juniors
That sounds a bit odd to me :S

I heard we were one of the favourites to be done next for salary cap breaches. We already had a minor one a few weeks ago.
Are you serious? Your source must be the whingeing fans from certain clubs... :sarcasm:

The salary cap breach was minor and related to the Toyota Cup team. It had nothing to do with the NRL team.

We have the youngest team in the comp, with at least two thirds of the players on their first contract, we have shed a huge amount of players on higher salaries and we're favourites to be done next for salary cap? :crazy:

Just check this IN and OUT movements and you tell me:

OUT: Folau, Hunt, Clinton, Michaels, Marsh, Winterstein, Setu and possibly Sims. Lockyer's salary cut + Cap being raised next year.
IN: Tronc, Kemp, Hannant and possibly Inglis.

Whoever you got that from, they need to get their facts straight!

Broncos93

Juniors
I'm not neccessarily talking about the current team, more so 2006 period of time where we had something like 11 players in the Maroons and 5-6 players in the Australian team.

I'm not sure, and i'm not even too specific on what it was referring to, whether it was current team, past teams or what, but my uncle's line of work gets him working with NRL players, officials, media figures etc. and he said he's heard that we were next to be done.

Could just be silly talk, rumours. How you played it out in your post made it much more sense that we are under the cap at the moment, but like the Storm episode, if we're guilty over the past there's no reason why they couldn't strip the 2006 premiership.

screeder

Juniors
I've learnt that if pissed up uncle Joe says some outlandish sh*t to take it with a grain of salt, and NOT post it on any forum

Broncos93

Juniors
Meh, when all you do is come on and bag the sh*t out of Lockyno1, and rage about how Ashton Sims isn't getting any game time, I feel like I have to contribute something to the forum! Even if it is the material of my pretentious snob of an Uncle haha.

Big Pete

Referee
Nothing would surprise me anymore Broncos 93, especially after the revelations on Melbourne and their apparent $1.5 million breach of the salary cap, this season. On paper, I seriously thought the side looked fine and the players like the Big 4 were balanced by nevilles like Norrie and Tandy who before hand could barely get a look into NSW Cup.

Compare that side to the 2006 Broncos side, and I'm definitely a little concerned. With that said though, our roster wasn't that great in context. The likes of Hunt, Thaiday, Boyd and Hannant were all rookies and then you have players like Justin Hodges who had come back on substantially low pay to join the club.

With that said, the whole thoroughbreds organisation sounds very sus.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Someone already posted it, but... This has a bit more substance than a tweet:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1225890201133

Given we are one of 3 clubs reportedly well under the cap (with Sharks and Knights), that Michaels ($220K), Folau ($450K) and Setu ($200K) are leving at end of season (or already left), I'm not too worried about the cap even after we signed Hannant on a reported $350K a year and upgraded a bunch of youngsters. We should still have plenty of room under the cap to get Greg.

Imagine the backline:

1- Hoffman
2- Kemp
3- Inglis
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Lockyer
7- Wallace

:crazy:

Michaels wasn't on 220K when he left.

mrpwnd

Bench
Someone already posted it, but... This has a bit more substance than a tweet:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1225890201133

Given we are one of 3 clubs reportedly well under the cap (with Sharks and Knights), that Michaels ($220K), Folau ($450K) and Setu ($200K) are leving at end of season (or already left), I'm not too worried about the cap even after we signed Hannant on a reported $350K a year and upgraded a bunch of youngsters. We should still have plenty of room under the cap to get Greg.

Imagine the backline:

1- Hoffman
2- Kemp
3- Inglis
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Lockyer
7- Wallace

:crazy:
The line up looked good until you listed Hodges, Kemp and Hoffman.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Hopefully this is true. Then there's one less team who will be chasing Boyd. Although he probably wouldn't go back there after he was told he wasn't wanted at the Broncos.

DeeJ

Bench
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-of-deal-for-greg-inglis-20100712-107ex.html

Broncos pull out of deal for Greg Inglis

July 12, 2010 - 3:16PM
Star centre Greg Inglis is set to stick with the Melbourne Storm.

Brisbane have pulled out of negotiations for NRL superstar Greg Inglis who is now almost certain to remain with Melbourne.
Inglis' manager Allan Gainey contacted the Broncos' general manager of football operations Andrew Gee today to inform him the offer made to the Queensland and Australian centre earlier in day was not enough to get him to Brisbane.
"They've knocked it back," Gee said.
"It was non-negotiable, so the deal is off."
Gee has been having informal talks with Gainey about Inglis for almost a month.
Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday and the club reluctantly agreed to give him a release provided the offer he was made was comparable to his current deal with the Storm.
It's understand Brisbane's offer was "very attractive".
"Gainey contact me today (Monday) and wanted to know what we were prepared to offer Greg," said Gee.
"They wanted to know quickly, so we put out offer on the table.
"Gainey called me back (Monday afternoon) and said it was not acceptable."
Inglis is now expected to inform Melbourne he will stay with the club next year.
Brisbane had been very keen to sign Inglis with its own superstar centre Israel Folau heading over the AFL next season.
Inglis approached Melbourne on Saturday for a release for personal reasons.
The Queensland Origin star owns a house in the Brisbane suburb of Paddington, 10 minutes from the Broncos' headquarters, and his fiancee, Sally Robinson, works in Brisbane.
AAP

AuDragon

Juniors
The Storm are clutching at straws and on their last breath. Once the full audit is released, the dam will break and they won't be able to keep making stupid demands. [-X

Even though they were rorting the cap and paying Inglis a significant amount outside of the official books, the cheats will only release Inglis if he gets paid a similar amount to what he was being paid by them... ](*,)

hellteam

First Grade
Anyway I'm pretty sure this won't be over, the Storm surely will struggle to keep him, plus we officially "pulled out" of signing Hannant a few weeks before we actually did (see below).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26874951-5018866,00.html
The chances of Gold Coast Titans signing homesick Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant have firmed dramatically with Brisbane Broncos officially dropping out of the race.
Broncos officials, including chief executive Bruno Cullen and coach Ivan Henjak, met to discuss signing Hannant, who is looking for an early release from his contract at the Bulldogs which expires at the end of 2011.
Despite the fact Hannant had played at the club before, Cullen informed his manager George Mimis the Broncos were no longer interested.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Something has to be sorted, it sounds like he def wanted to come. C'mon Gee Gee make it happen. This is our genuine chance to consolidate post Locky and Hodgo. Foolish, foolish I repeat foolish if we let this chance pass by without one hell of a fight. Unload who we must but get GI up here !

screeder

Juniors
Meh, when all you do is come on and bag the sh*t out of Lockyno1, and rage about how Ashton Sims isn't getting any game time, I feel like I have to contribute something to the forum! Even if it is the material of my pretentious snob of an Uncle haha.

Hey i love lockyno1:)

As for the Sims thing u must talking about someone else, i'm still carrying scars from semi-final 08.

Latest posts