What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries and Suspensions 2021

Old dog

Juniors
We are paying him surely it is in our as well as his interest to get him fit and back on the park, can’t understand what’s delaying it and more importantly why we haven’t had an announcement of cause or reason for delay.

Jono078

Referee
How isn't he close? What's going on? Details would be nice now.

But shit if he's not close then why bother with him this year if he won't be re-signed.

Jono078

Referee
I reckon he's working on a deal to get a release
Why and since when?

I've said it before I think he brings great confidence to the team and in particular Pearce. Would love to know why he'd like to move on. If it's since he's been told he wouldn't be re-signed then fair enough I guess.

Why and since when?

I've said it before I think he brings great confidence to the team and in particular Pearce. Would love to know why he'd like to move on. If it's since he's been told he wouldn't be re-signed then fair enough I guess.
Because he's been told to look around to see what he can get for next season

Not a big leap that he'll look to move on sooner

This is what's currently showing up. Some of these would have been assessed since it was published.
The last 5 are a worry.
"
  • Kurt Mann (groin, round 13)
  • Tex Hoy (head knock, round 13)
  • Lachlan Fitzgibbon (head knock, round 13)
  • Kalyn Ponga (groin, Origin I)
  • Mitchell Pearce (pectoral, round 14-15)
  • David Klemmer (suspension, round 15)
  • Tyson Frizell (ankle, indefinite)
  • Hymel Hunt (hamstring, indefinite)
  • Edrick Lee (foot, indefinite)
  • Chris Randall (wrist, indefinite)
  • Pasami Saulo (leg, season)"
https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news2/

ryana87

Juniors
So round 15 vs warriors we should at least have Pearce, klemmer and ponga playing in theory with frizell, hunt and Lee being our only big outs

Old dog

Juniors
Next 3 weeks we play Eels, Rabbits and Warriors (19/6) then only 1 game Rd16 v Cowboys with a bye Rd17 then Storm 17/7 so available dates may change due to breaks. 1 game over 4 week break

Yosh

Coach
Damn... Frizell was huge for us this season. Does this mean we will see more Brodie?

Could be wishful thinking but if we can get some wins and scrap into the 8, a fresh and vengeful Frizell could be a thing of beauty.

perverse

Referee
What do you think the percentage of weeks missed through injury happens to be in the top quarter of our team (ranked by salary)? I swear it feels like 90% of weeks missed - especially for more than a week or two - seem to come from our highest paid/most valuable players. The Saifitis are probably one of the few exceptions at this point, touch wood. I think Fitz was the only injury this year where I was sorta like yeah, whatever.

It's probably just confirmation bias or something... but it really does feel like we just continuously cannot take a trick on the injury front. The hits just keep coming. You're trying to build a club and a winning culture - but what chance do you have when a quarter to a half of your salary cap is just constantly sidelined? I hate it that we can use it as an excuse at this point, but it's hard to ignore too.

PhilGould

Bench
Sucks. Silver lining is Brodie Jones will get a chance to start and play big minutes, looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Jono078

Referee
This is what's currently showing up. Some of these would have been assessed since it was published.
The last 5 are a worry.
"
  • Kurt Mann (groin, round 13)
  • Tex Hoy (head knock, round 13)
  • Lachlan Fitzgibbon (head knock, round 13)
  • Kalyn Ponga (groin, Origin I)
  • Mitchell Pearce (pectoral, round 14-15)
  • David Klemmer (suspension, round 15)
  • Tyson Frizell (ankle, indefinite)
  • Hymel Hunt (hamstring, indefinite)
  • Edrick Lee (foot, indefinite)
  • Chris Randall (wrist, indefinite)
  • Pasami Saulo (leg, season)"
https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news2/
Shits me that it says Kalyn origin 1! Piss off.

Yosh

Coach
What do you think the percentage of weeks missed through injury happens to be in the top quarter of our team (ranked by salary)? I swear it feels like 90% of weeks missed - especially for more than a week or two - seem to come from our highest paid/most valuable players. The Saifitis are probably one of the few exceptions at this point, touch wood. I think Fitz was the only injury this year where I was sorta like yeah, whatever.

It's probably just confirmation bias or something... but it really does feel like we just continuously cannot take a trick on the injury front. The hits just keep coming. You're trying to build a club and a winning culture - but what chance do you have when a quarter to a half of your salary cap is just constantly sidelined? I hate it that we can use it as an excuse at this point, but it's hard to ignore too.

Jesus... Both Saifiti gonna go down injured this week. Thanks for thr jinx Perverse mate...