What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

mxlegend99

Referee
We're starting to accumulate some injuries, but are also receiving some blokes back. It's a bit confusing knowing who is out and for how long.

Would this list be correct?

Luke Lewis - broken toe - 4 weeks
Geoff Daniela - dislocated knee - 2 to 4 weeks
Michael Gordon - ankle injury - ~4 weeks
Jarrod Sammut - hip injury - possibly fit this week?
Michael Jennings - corked calf - possibly fit this week?

Is there anyone else under an injury cloud? Looking at those dates, if we can scrape by through the Origin period and avoid picking up any more injuries... we should basically be back at full strength to cement a position in the top 8 over the last few weeks. Possibly even climb the ladder a bit.

Big Mick

Referee
I feel sorry for Daniella...he was establishing himself as a first grade centre...and potential centre partner with Jennings...to fill that #4 jersey...and he gets dislocated knee. Terrible luck.

But worst luck...Blair will stay in FG as a result...terrible.

Fibroman

First Grade
Blair has a heap of potential. Just needs to get fit.

Tighe was pretty good last night.

If Blair and Tighe spent more time doing extra training instead of bumming around at the TAB at the Aussie Arms, I'm sure they would both improve.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah agreed. Geoff Daniela has been fantastic and has a really got try scoring rate. After missing out last season i had pretty much written him off. Fortunately he has made the most of his chances this season, and will be looking to cement his place in the backline.

Copperhead

Juniors
I MUCH prefer Daniela to Tighe or Blair, but there is a danger we have too many small men in our side.

Walshe, Sammut, Coote, Aiton, Iosefa, Jennings, Daniela, and even Gordon. We probably have the shortest

and lightest backline in the comp. Hasn't presented as a problem yet, but it might. Sammut and Coote

regularly get manhandled by defenders.

murraymob

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=injury-update

Injury Update

Jarrod Sammut was ruled out of the Tigers game due to the hip injury (rectus femoris) he sustained against the Dragons
News out of the Tigers game sees Luke Lewis, Geoff Daniela and
Wade Graham added to the injury list.
Luke Lewis has a fractured big toe.
Geoff Daniela injured the area just below his knee where the Tibia and Fibula come together.
Wade Graham has injured his left AC joint.
Only Luke Lewis is expected to miss football, however an X-ray will confirm the damage and the appropriate course for rehab.

Michael Jennings will miss the Tigers game due to a corked left calf mucsle (haematoma).
Outstanding injuries:
Adam Woolnough - left shoulder - possibly 4 weeks
Michael Gordon - ankle - 9 weeks

Fibroman

First Grade
Being small isnt the problem. The issue is playing to your weight.

Eg. Michael Jennings. 178cm tall. 90 kgs weight.
Preston Campbell 168cm tall. 75kg weight.

I would have both of them in my side.

Another point in case. Craig Gower 174cm tall. 86 kg weight.

Opposite: Dane Carlaw 192cm tall. 109 kg weight..........??????????

lsta5838

Juniors
The Sunday footy show just said Daniela does not have a dislocated knee and the initial diagnosis was wrong... he should be avaliable for selection against Manly. They also confirmed Lewis does have a broken toe and that Jennings may have a hand problem. Fingers crossed Jennings is ok for the Eagles, but looks like Lewis will be out for 3-4 weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Also it was said on the PI site that Michael Gordon will most likely be back around Round 21. I was hoping it would be closer to the 8 weeks then the 12 weeks.

Hopefully Michael Jennings and Geoff Daniela are both fit to play this weekend. Could be a great centre pairing.

maple_69

Bench
Great news for Daniela. I haven't noticed him making too many defensive errors and he's great in attack. Would love to see him playing outside Jennings if possible.
Daniela/Jennings and Gordon/Elford would be very nice.
Also read on nrl.com the article about Huey he says he doesn't think it's too good but they still have to get scans done and he's hoping to be back for Origin. Obviously doesn't mean much but not sure its confirmed broken yet.

murraymob

Coach
the time off will freshen up lewis.We just need to survive origin period with a few wins.The gap is growing between the lower placed sides and us helping us make the semi finals

mxlegend99

Referee
It's going to be difficult with our injury list growing each week. It's also injuries to extremely important players. Luke Lewis and Michael Jennings are two of the most important players in our attack, while Jarrod Sammut and Michael Gordon are not only great attacking players, they're also our two best goalkickers.

Between those 4 players we're losing a lot of potential points each week IMO. We need Sammut back ASAP. So far we haven't really lost any games because of our goalkicking, but with our attack weakened by injury Sammut could prove to be the difference between winning and losing with his boot.

The bright side is that if it weren't for some of these injuries, Geoff Daniela probably wouldn't have forced his way back into first grade. I'm hoping that he's starting in our #4 jersey when we're at full strength.

murraymob

Coach
luke lewis will have xrays on his toe tuesday he thinks its brocken but the toe is painfull with any injury so we will not know till tuesday

Latest posts