What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

Sleep

Juniors
Jennings has a thumb problem. In the paper on the weekend they doubted he'd be good to go this week. It'll be interesting to see who we name this afternoon. We really need to win this match. The following week we have the Bulldogs who'll be near full strength while we'll be losing a few to Origin again.

Losing Lewis is the biggest blow though.

bigfoot

Juniors
Hopefully Jennings is OK.
With both Lewis and Jennings out I can't see us winning tbh. They make a massive difference to our team.
Happy to be proved wrong though.

murraymob

Coach
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=injury-update

Injury Update

Luke Lewis has a fractured big toe which requires surgery, he is expected to be out for 6 to 8 weeks
Michael Jennings has a corked left calf mucsle (haematoma) and also a thumb injury which will see him miss upt to 3 weeks of football. Both injuries were sustained playing for NSW in Game 1 of the Origin series.
Outstanding injuries:
Adam Woolnough - left shoulder - possibly 3 weeks
Michael Gordon - ankle - 8 weeks

franklin2323

Immortal
I have always rated Daniela defensively. with Confidence his attack will pick up. he's no Jenko but will do a very good job for as has fairly decent speed also

Fibroman

First Grade
Lewis is the adhesive that holds our side together.

When he is missing, I have little confidence in our ability to win games.

Both of our bad losses this year have occurred in the absence of Lewis.

murraymob

Coach
saints you seen our second tier players play against your teama few weeks ago .We have no one in luke lewis league.Sammut will help being back as he plays as a second reciever but in defence is where it will hurt losing lewis

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan Smith is the bloke covering Luke Lewis. Has always been a below average lock, despite Matt Elliott and some fans thinking otherwise earlier in the season. Luke Lewis has been offering us a dimension in attack that Nathan Smith can't even dream of, ontop of being a very dominant defender that can actually hurt his opposition.

Nathan Smith has an ok game here and there... has a good work ethic. But he's a terrible attacking player, his defence is ineffective and he is usually the bloke getting hit hard enough to make mistakes.

murraymob

Coach
nathen smith is actually elliotts son.Gets high tackle counts but offers nothing in attack.Needs to start stepping up.Smith will start and play long minutes

maple_69

Bench
It's a no brainer. I thought Smith made a couple good runs against the Tigpies actually but that's a rarity. I'm wondering how Waterhouse would do there these days. He has a higher work rate than Lewis and is in excellent form now, he might be able to handle it without losing impact.
Then again, considering we'll have Coote at fullback with Jazz roving in attack a lot of the time, perhaps we will cope with a simple workhorse at lock. I think Graham misses a few too many tackles at the moment to play lock. Certainly in the next few years though.
For a backline missing it's two best, it looks solid enough, Blair needs to step the f**k up though. Maybe we set up a hotdog stand just behind the deadball line?

maple_69

Bench
Yeah don't expect to much of our simple minded commentator friends.
Also was reading a match preview for penrith/manly and it mentioned lewis was hoping to be back in 3 weeks despite initially being ruled out for up to 2 months. Not sure what to make of that..At least we have a bye in there so that's 1 week..

franklin2323

Immortal
AB well the team gets pick after this weekend so a lot would depend if the selectors have faith in him. He will be fit for the Bulldogs next week. however should he make origin won't be able to play

abpanther

Staff member
I assume the NSW selectors will want to stick with the same team so I reckon they will give him till next weekend to prove his fitness.