What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injuries

Satsok

Juniors
Can we get some kind of Sticky happening with injuries for the 2012 season maybe?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...s-at-anz-stadium/story-fn2mcuj6-1226320641437
"Maguire hailed the performance of his side as the best since his arrival at the club, but said it had been tainted by the news co-captain Roy Asotasi, who was also put on report for a high shot, had sustained a season-ending torn pectoral muscle."

Merritt
Roberts
L. Burgess
S. Burgess
Asotasi
Farrell

Am I missing anyone?

Big Sam

First Grade
No offense to the bloke but Roy's not that big a loss. When fit he plays the first 15 and the last 15 then pretends he's Cadel Evans for the 50 minutes in between.

Paul Kent controversially mooted the idea midweek that we should release Burgess because he's played just 9 games in the last 2 seasons i.e. he's a crock. Given Roy's on 500k/year and he'll have played 15 out of 48 possible games in 2011-12 (that's 67k/game btw - crazy EPL stuff), serious thought should be given as to releasing him at season's end.

Harsh though it may be, the club's not a charity. Roy might also find that a move to the ESL may prolong his career.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Paul Kent is a genius. Burgess' latest injury is an impact injury, those happen to anyone. So was his ankle last year.

It's not like he's doing an ACL/hammy in mid stride every year. He's just had rotten luck.

And of that injured group only Sam is key.

IMO Sam, Luke and Inglis are our only irreplaceable players.

And as long as we have Luke and Inglis fit and playing in form I think we can win more than we lose until Sam is back.

We're slowly developing our own big three: best forward in the comp, 2nd best hooker and 2nd best fullback in the league. If all 3 of them are fit and firing at the business end of the season I think we can make some noise in September.

Fingerbang

Bench
We're slowly developing our own big three: best forward in the comp, 2nd best hooker and 2nd best fullback in the league. If all 3 of them are fit and firing at the business end of the season I think we can make some noise in September.
And decent Souths fans wonder why the lol@5(c)uff$ keep coming.

Galeforce

Bench
We do need to ensure we have the depth to cover for Roy , Geddes and Crocker. This year should be their last with Souths and i am hoping it is a good one!

BunniesMan

Immortal
And decent Souths fans wonder why the lol@5(c)uff$ keep coming.
Not counting Melbourne I don't think any other team has a better "top 3" players. Maguire has the role players all doing their jobs properly and Luke, Inglis and hopefully soon Burgess, are the game winners for us.

burgo bunny

Juniors
Mightn't be so much about the loss of Roy but more-so the now open opportunity available to some of the young guns in Tyrrell and co. The Club is developing slowly and I think that someone will stand up. Madge showed Dave Taylor two weeks ago that he is running the show by sticking him on the bench. Perhaps a chat in big Dave's ear might see him playing up front?

RE : Nathan Merritt.

Someone I know, who is a dead keen Souths supporter, says Merritt will be undergoing surgery and that, in all likelihood, he will miss the season.

Anyone heard the same?

I have emailed the club, so if and when I get a reply, I'll let you know.

Cheers.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The understanding is that if things don't improve in the short term for Nathan that he will have surgery and miss the season. This is 100%. Whether or not he needs surgery is the only question.

Big Sam

First Grade
RE : Nathan Merritt.

Someone I know, who is a dead keen Souths supporter, says Merritt will be undergoing surgery and that, in all likelihood, he will miss the season.

Anyone heard the same?

I have emailed the club, so if and when I get a reply, I'll let you know.

Cheers.

After watching the 'injury update video' from last week I spoke to someone in the medical profession who said that it could be the season too. Especially given that 2 months after it occurred, the club's still not sure about the exact nature of the injury.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
A friend of mine popped into training today for an hour or so. It would be 100% correct information. Nathan is unlikely to play this weekend, but it appears that he certainly won't require surgery if today was anything to go by.

thomas10do

Juniors
Don't know if this is the right thread to put this in.....anyway.

Heard that Burgess was going to be on the footy show last night, so had a watch. And after watching the segment on "Sam's NRL highlights so far" I was thinking to myself........Sam should just turn and belt the **** out of Beau Ryan! I wonder if he would replay clips of Dwyer being helped off the pitch and have a laugh.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Merritt to play some time this weekend at the bears. Roberts looking like being available to play toyota cup against the cowboys.