What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury News

Panthers_God

Juniors
Jul 04 - Trent Waterhouse will go into hospital tomorrow for an operation on his injured groin.

He will be out for at least six weeks, according to Penrith's Rugby League General Manager, Mick Leary.

There is still no definite word on when Shane Rodney will return from his shoulder injury.

From PI

Not very good news considering Lewis will be out for a few weeks aswell.

Kilkenny

Coach
Brandy Alexander on 2UE this evening indicated Trent Waterhouse is unlikely to be back prior to the semi's. Shane Rodney is expected to be out four weeks with the ankle injury sustained at training in the lead up to the Cowboys game.

choc_soldier

Coach
I know! Finally cleared of a knee injury that's had him sidelined for about 2 months, only to roll his ankle at training the day before the Cowboys match, which will mean another 4 of weeks at least.

I know we're going along all right at the moment, but we would look a bit more classier with him in the 17.

Munky

Coach
parra_panther said:
I know! Finally cleared of a knee injury that's had him sidelined for about 2 months, only to roll his ankle at training the day before the Cowboys match, which will mean another 4 of weeks at least.

I know we're going along all right at the moment, but we would look a bit more classier with him in the 17.

Was a shoulder wasn't it?

Kilkenny

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Rodney must have killed a chinaman in his sleep after Round 9.

Jason Wrigley was obviously in the company of Shane Rodney at the time. He has had a terrible year with one injury after another. I hope he get's a one year deal for 2007 to try and prove himself with the incoming coach because he had fallen out of favour with Lang, injuries notwithstanding.

cainen

Juniors
It seems that our club doesn't like to 'speculate' on when a player will return so for the most part the fans just get kept in the dark.

Sometimes players just drop off the radar like Ben Pomeroy did last year. Got injured fair early on and never heard anything of him until he signed with Sharks then he still never returned for us. Just disappeared it seemed like. The same thing happened to Wrigley.

With Waterhouse though the club did say he had an operation about 2 weeks ago and should be out for 6 weeks so should be back in about 4 weeks, just in time for the semis ;)

Fibroman

First Grade
Injuries ultimately determine which teams will be contenders in any sport and more than ever in a sport like rugby league.

Kilkenny

Coach
The only possibility of seeing Trent in a Panther jumper this season, on the field that is, is in the first round of semi finals which in the best case scenario for us will be the first semi final 1 - v - 8 Storm versus the Panthers at Olympic Park.

I think we'll beat the Storm and progress to the preliminary final!