What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury to Metcalf.

Yea real shame for the guy, especially coming off what was reportedly a massive pre-season for him.

This'll be what, his 3rd injury layoff? in less than a season and a half... shitty luck man

Yea real shame for the guy, especially coming off what was reportedly a massive pre-season for him.

This'll be what, his 3rd injury layoff? in less than a season and a half... shitty luck man
He was riddled with injuries in his two stints with the Sharks as well.
Such a shame, I've always liked watching him play, hopefully he's back soon for you guys.

"Possible fracture"

That's a lengthy list... is that worse than normal for this time of year? feels like it.

This season as a whole seems to have skipped the usual bedding in period. The Vegas games were both full on and a few since have already had finals type intensity.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
A real shame. Metcalf has some obvious holes in his game but he was improving. TMM did not fill me with confidence in the finals last season but he's a good back up to have around I guess.

It's tempting to give CHT a go too, but let's not forget he pretty much spent 4 years trying and failing to pin down that spot. Maybe with a rejuvenated SJ he can just play simple and direct, like a slower but more physical Metcalf? I just have nightmares about his under-12s kicking game but we don't really need that from him.

Meth

Staff member
A real shame. Metcalf has some obvious holes in his game but he was improving. TMM did not fill me with confidence in the finals last season but he's a good back up to have around I guess.

It's tempting to give CHT a go too, but let's not forget he pretty much spent 4 years trying and failing to pin down that spot. Maybe with a rejuvenated SJ he can just play simple and direct, like a slower but more physical Metcalf? I just have nightmares about his under-12s kicking game but we don't really need that from him.

A great back up to have a dilemma between TMM and CHT. A lot of clubs wouldn't have that kind of depth.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

CHT created that try for Montoya last weekend with a perfect kick so there’s some encouraging signs there. And he trailed Egan perfectly for his own try too.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
CHT created that try for Montoya last weekend with a perfect kick so there’s some encouraging signs there. And he trailed Egan perfectly for his own try too.

Under-12s was too harsh, but the issue with his kicking in the past was just a lack of length so not something I'd expect him to fix really.

The team selection this week suggests Webster sees CHT more as a utility now, which I agree with. I think/hope he's moving into the Lance Hohaia "tried and failed half who finds more success as a utility" category.

Meth

Staff member
Oh, it was a perfect kick and without it, Montoya is in a completely different scenario.

I actually have felt like those kicks have been noticeably more pinpoint this season.

The team selection this week suggests Webster sees CHT more as a utility now, which I agree with. I think/hope he's moving into the Lance Hohaia "tried and failed half who finds more success as a utility" category.
I really like CHT as a utility. Has the skills to cover 6/7/9 obviously, but he's not afraid to mix it in the middle either. With a bit more bulk, I could see him filling Tohu's link man role one day.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One thing with CHT was after the year off resigning him was a bit of a punt and Webster probably doesn’t feel obliged to pick him in first grade that much yet- but that could change by seasons end. Good position for the club though.

Latest posts