What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside word

Well, my student/teacher for health said that his girlfriend was the daughter of one of either the Magpies or Balmain chairman.

I can't quite remember which side, but apparently her father is sick of Sheens and wants him out, yet the other side wants to give him one more season to show his worth before dumping him. Also, both chairmen were disappointed at the firing of Scott Longmuir. That's about all I remember.

baddog

Juniors
its the same mail i got except for both chairmen being disappointed. trodden was so disappointed he voted to sack him along with the rest of the balmain directors. they weren't even going to give the guy a pay out.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The information that was going around just after Longmuir was shafted was that all the Balmain side of the partnership, plus the Wests Campbelltown board member, voted to punt Longmuir, the Wests side from Ashfield voted to back Longmuir.

I like the apparent 'thinking' of some to give him one more year- christ!!!! Thats 2006, 07, 08, 09 and 2010- Five years of mediocrity they're prepared to submit to in the hope it will come good.

Damn them. The idiots!!

But then again- the club members keep voting these idiots in. (not having a shot at any side here- both Balmain and Wests (Campbelltown) are suffering from lack of a spine.

I said it at the time of Longmuir's demise- in backing Teflon over Longmuir the board have made a rod for their own back. I hope it really hurts them. As much as I hate to see my team decline- maybe it has to hit rock bottom for these idiots to see they can no longer accept promises for "next year" infinitum............. Enough is enough.

niall

Juniors
My dad is a director for the tigers and he said that the majority of the board wants Sheens out...

i'll have a chat to him about it further and i'll keep you guys posted

adamkungl

Immortal
judging by some of the decisions made in the last few years, the only thing I can see driving Sheens out is a wooden spoon. Good luck with that when you have us parra and cronulla to contend with

hybrid_tiger

Coach
judging by some of the decisions made in the last few years, the only thing I can see driving Sheens out is a wooden spoon. Good luck with that when you have us parra and cronulla to contend with

We are getting closer to the spoon.

super_coach

First Grade
After todays results, theirs a cluster of teams at the top and a cluster at the bottom, of the teams at the bottom most of them are pulling themself off the floor and starting to slowly turn things around.Their is one team that is just going backwards and now must be nearly the pea for the wooden spoon.
The sad thing is Farah is putting the blame back on himself and the playing group while Sheens just talks spin. Maybe its time as head coach he takes some blame

tiger_nick

Bench
the daily telegraph yesterday had a few smallish articles about our decline, at least said the board was shopping around for a coach next year.

lets hope the media begins to wake up

philgood

Juniors
^^
Thank God for that.

The board and the coach should both get the sack. Bring some fresh ideas and fresh people into the place. People who actually care about Wests Tigers instead of just Balmain and Wests.

StinkyPete

Juniors
haha you should keep with your trend of ex-cowboy coachs.....maybe you could find out where Graham Murray ended up?:p

baddog

Juniors
tom isnt under any pressure

the guy from campbelltown has been a sheens fan since he hired him to captain coach campbelltown kangaroos in the early 80s he would never ever vote against him

balmain would never admit they were wrong and the wests guys were right theyd look like mugs if they sacked the coach just a month or two after they sacked the ceo for trying to reign shines in

but most importantly they cant afford a payout

shines will see out his contract or be replaced mid next season when it wont cost much

dont bet against him having a flying start to next season and get a new contract he still has friends where it matters

some of his underlings might get the boot though

royce and mcdonnell could be the sacrificial lambs

Latest posts