What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interchange: Reduce to 4??

Iafeta

Referee
why change it at all?

No reason to at all. The game has a good mixture right now, halves and fullbacks dominate the Dally M's but there's still room for blokes like Fuifui Moimoi to come on and have a real impact on the game. Why are people always looking at ways to cut these types of personality players out of our game?

Ridiculous.

typicalfan

Coach
They should make it 8 interchanges with a 6 man bench. Look at the Dragons, half the time they didn't need the full 17 players but I think having more players on the bench will help us blood more NYC players throwing them on for cameos. Some clubs go an entire season and blood maybe a player or two and that is it. Look at the Bulldogs what rookies did they bring through considering Idris played last season?

I reckon the ideal finalised rule would be 6 interchanges and 6 bench players but get there gradually.

typicalfan

Coach
No reason to at all. The game has a good mixture right now, halves and fullbacks dominate the Dally M's but there's still room for blokes like Fuifui Moimoi to come on and have a real impact on the game. Why are people always looking at ways to cut these types of personality players out of our game?

Ridiculous.
I think Fuifui has become a better player because of the gradual improvement of the interchange rule. He has had to get fitter now he plays normal prop forward minutes whereas before he would play 10 minutes at a time.

The game has created these personalities not cut them. Who were the great forwards for the unlimited interchange rule? Robbie Kearns? lol Rodney Howe. Hardly personalities.

shiznit

Coach
i reckon increase the interchanges to 12.

why do they want to stamp the big boys out?? with the 2 refs and the 10 meter rule the first 4 tackles of every set are mostly dummy half runs.

i think there going too fast. they need to give the defense a break. expand the dominant tackle rule. they should include good legs tackles.

perhaps limit the amount of stints each player can do in the game...

thuggdogg

Juniors
the big battering rams, skullcrackers and shoulder charges s what the game is made of.

We arent competing with soccer here, we arent a soft sport. The big hits are whats its all about.

mickdo

Coach
Interchange is fine as it is. There are countless other parts of the game that need fixing before even thinking about changing it.