What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting from Laurie Daley

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
My quote was aimed at Cumbrian Mackem, and i lived and worked in the UK for 10 years, but I've never met a Brit as dumb as him when i was there. Perhaps i was lucky.
I just hope he's not a teacher in the UK, otherwise you would have to feel sorry for the kids
There you again mate with your deflections, non-sequiturs and name calling.

What does Aussie rules have to do with the lack of internationals played by the kangaroos mate?

Perth Red

Post Whore
There you again mate with your deflections, non-sequiturs and name calling.

What does Aussie rules have to do with the lack of internationals played by the kangaroos mate?
It doesnt, but it makes him feel better somehow lol

Back to the topic, I'm all for celebrating cultures but something feels not quite right about picking rep sides based on race rather than nationality.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
It doesnt, but it makes him feel better somehow lol

Back to the topic, I'm all for celebrating cultures but something feels not quite right about picking rep sides based on race rather than nationality.
And how likely would NRL sides allow their best players to travel ro Europe in the off season?

I think having NSW and Queensland sides at the WC would be a better idea, but the risk is the same, two Australian sides meeting in the final.

Have you seen some of the players Qld has selected in the last two years?

Brenko Lee
Edrick Lee
Jayden Sua
Mo Fotuaika
Kurt Gapewell
Kyle Feldt
AJ Brimson
Joe Ofahengaue
Francis Molo
Ben Hunt
Andrew McCollough
Thomas Flegler
Dunamis Luis
Coen Hess
Phillip Sami
Corey Allan
Reece Walsh after about 8 games

I've never seen a bigger batch of jobbers selected in a rep squad.

Do you think they're beating:
Hughes
Bromwich bros
Manu
JWH
The guy in your avatar
Johnson
Rapana
CNK
Reimis Smith
Brandon Smith
Dylan Brown
An aging but still steady Foran

I personally think not. Ain't no way Qld are making a WC final. NSW would give us a run for our money but we are still the number 1 ranked team in the world and I expect us to win the WC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
An interesting point, are NZ favourites for the RLWC? If all there choices are available it is a pretty good side. Shame they have lost RTS though.

We definitely aren't the favorites but I'll be putting a decent amount of money on us to win it. Kangaroos can't expect to play 3 tests (2 of which they lost) in 5 years and walk in and win. Especially if they do go ahead with DCE at 7 ahead of Cleary which Mal is indicating they will.

Matua

Bench
An interesting point, are NZ favourites for the RLWC? If all there choices are available it is a pretty good side. Shame they have lost RTS though.
I doubt it, Oz will always be the favourites. But hopefully we don't do something stupid like last RLWC and ban a dude who bought some coke, and then replace him with a guy who bashed his missus and then a year later decided he wasn't a Kiwi anymore.